Anyone know anything about hot tubs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know anything about hot tubs?

Ok besides the obvious....that it would be good to have one full of hot chicks.

I'm looking to put one out on the back deck of my new house & I know nothing of what to look for.

Any experience, advice, features, brands....anything?

Re: Anyone know anything about hot tubs?

I have one. The best ones around are Coast. Watch out for elchepos that have exposed filters. Basically the more water the better so watch out for 6 person spas that only have 900L of water. Closed filters keep the water clean, open filters simply catch what ever they can and let crap float in the water, only you cant really see it. I got the Coast Bahama model, its an 8 person spa, but being the only bather it means the water stays pure for a long time. More bathers, less water equals more cleaning............

Comment

I have one in my masterbath upstairs..it's not for four people...smaller like for two people..

we just use it a regular bathtub..well the Mrs..does..she loves it..

I can't remember the make..but it's been working great since the day it was installed almost ten years ago...and still looks as nice..wasn't too expensive either..this one has alot of jets..

they are nice..

My bro had one ..a big one installed in the back of his house like you intend to, and it was kind of a pain in the ass he mentioned...he kept the water in it...and knowing how much of a "pig" his woman was at the time...I had a phobia of ever using it...prolly get STD's in that shit with her ass in there.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I bought used, yeah it sucks, but I paid $500 for it.
        I put a new electrical pigtail on it, bought a filter for it and hooked it up to 110V.

Whatever you do, use 220V or gas unless you plan to leave it on forever. It takes 8 or more hours to heat up from nothing at 110V. At 220V it takes about 1/4 that.

My advice - 220V and used. Brand and style to your budget and stir [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I don't have one of those stand alone units althouh I've been a few. Hot tubs or jacuzzis y are best used with a pool. I have a jacuzzi built in as part of my pool. I don't habve any special maintenence for it or treatments. It is round, holds about 10 people easily and when its off the water flows through it and down about 2-3 feet into the pool like a waterfall [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] They it can get so hot in there that you have to jump in the pool to cool off [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

They are great and I use mine year round. Its great for after you workout, exercise or run, keeps you from getting sore. On cool or cold nights its cool to heat that sukka up and have a few beers and watch the steam float to the stars [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Get as many jets as you can and the something that moves enough water. Get a heater that heats up fast too.
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

I just bought a CalSpa last Sunday. Other brands I was looking at included Emerald and VitaSpas. I got too good of a deal on the CalSpa to pass it up.

My recommendations are this:

1) Do NOT buy wholesale! Only buy from a dealer in your area who services the spas themselves.
            2) Warranty, warranty, warranty. The longer the better. My CalSpa has five years on parts, five years on labor, 10 years on the shell. Some brands have lifetime on the shell, but then only have a few years on parts and labor. Some brands pro-rate their warranty, meaning if the heater blows in five years, the warranty on ly covers half the replacement cost. Just read the warranty carefully and know what you are getting.
            3) The insulation method for spas varies, and every spa manufacturer thinks their method is the best. The full spray foam manufacturers say their method is superior to the manufacturers that use the air-pocket metheod, and vice versa. I wouldn't get too hung up on it.
            4) Be aware that your electric bills will increase, and you're going to be buying chemicals and filters as well.
            5) When you install it, make sure you follow the instrcutions to the letter. This means electrical, placement, etc. Spa manufacturers will love to tell you something is not covered under warranty becasue you didn't install it exactly like they specified.

- E.
            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Shawn your pool sounds bitchin'.. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

My wife would love that...she's buggin' me for a pool..so is my boy..

I guess I gotta get a pool now...I check into it next year ..winter is right 'round the corner..

I need to put a fence up and , landscape and a deck and shit...it's not like I can just slap a pool there and that's it...I tried to explain that..

but of course those are all just excuses.. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

All I know about a hot tub is this, if you have one, you will constatnly get ass.

Comment

What do I know about hot tubs? That sex in the hot tub is not as good as one would hope. The shower stall works better.

Comment

yeah Bill, I live in Texas and you can't live down here without one. Best money I ever spent imho, gets lots of use by myself as well as the wife, kids and their buddies [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Yeah, Bill has a self propelled Jacuzzi, if ya know what I mean... hehehe...

Comment

yabba...BEANS!

Shawn I wanna pee in your Jaccuzzi...that's how I show my respect man..I love you.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

No , seriously...Shawn that sounds very nice.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a Hot Springs. Best advice I've got, by from a dealer you like and trust. A lot of places let you test drive one, i.e. come in with a swimsuit and try several at once. That'll help. If you're thinking big...a tub with two jet pumps is a must....

Bill

Comment

Working...
                          X