Stray Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stray Cat

My Step-daughter found an abused cat. She saw some kid throw a kitten and then run away she brought the cat home to keep it safe. I just got home from the vet. The cat is a 16 week old girl. She has sores from fleas and She has also been shot with a BB gun and the BB is lodged in her side, the vet said it's better to leave it there. The bad news is that the tip of the ball of her femur is broken off and she will need surgery. The vet said the surgery can actually be put off for a while and we'd be better off waiting til she's stronger. It's going to cost $1000. I have no problem paying it for this brave little girl. The vet could not believe how loving this cat seems after all she's been through and she kept thanking me over and over for taking her in. I have antibiotics for her sores and I had her vaccinated for rabies and distemper. She was negative for Feline Leukemia and FIV. She is going to be a wonderful pet.
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Re: Stray Cat

[ QUOTE ]
    My Step-daughter found an abused cat. She saw some kid throw a kitten and then run away she brought the cat home to keep it safe. I just got home from the vet. The cat is a 16 week old girl. She has sores from fleas and She has also been shot with a BB gun and the BB is lodged in her side, the vet said it's better to leave it there. The bad news is that the tip of the ball of her femur is broken off and she will need surgery. The vet said the surgery can actually be put off for a while and we'd be better off waiting til she's stronger. It's going to cost $1000. I have no problem paying it for this brave little girl. The vet could not believe how loving this cat seems after all she's been through and she kept thanking me over and over for taking her in. I have antibiotics for her sores and I had her vaccinated for rabies and distemper. She was negative for Feline Leukemia and FIV. She is going to be a wonderful pet.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] That's what being humane is all about. I commend you, my friend.
    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

that pisses me off so fukkin much, what shitball world we live in. you're a cool cat jack.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Awww. Let's see some pics of her. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I actually got my black cat, Lucifer, four years ago, and he was about four months old, when a girl I used to work with found him in a bag on the street. She took him home, but her two older cats were beating him up and didn't know if they would ever adjust, so I was happy to take him. I had him for a couple weeks before I took him to the vet, and the vet did find some fleas around his backside area, but luckily they stayed confined to him and didn't get in my house. He's the first cat I ever had, and he's been awesome ever since!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Dude, God bless you. You've obviously got a heart of gold to take all those bills on without a second thought. Most people would've left it at the humane society or worse. Much respect my friend... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          Hear the universe scream
          Bleeding from black holes
          Whom horns careless
          And whom God mourns

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We've taken in several stray/abused cats ourselves, but we never had to shell out a $1000.

You are truly an awesome guy. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Thanks guys but the cat deserves the praise. She's a little sweetie. Anybody who could spend 30 seconds with this cat and not want to do everything in their power to help it is truly not human. Even with her bad hip she hops around like a normal cat. My heart breaks thinking of the horrors this poor little girl has endured.
              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Im not a cat person...but I cant stand to see ANY animal abused. Very cool of you to take her in and treat her the way she needs to be....

Mrs LPC

Comment

People who abuse animals should be tortured.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Awesome story, that is one lucky kitten. People who abuse animals will get theirs someday. Animals are cool. Does she have a name yet??

Comment

John.... give that sweet little kitty cat a pat from Emmy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      You're good people. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

a sad beginning, for sure but i'm sure she'll be a wonderful addition to your family.
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

People who abuse animals are gut-less scumbags. My wife works at a vets office and sees this shit everyday.

Most people would put an animal down before spending a large amount of money on an operation. We have 2 cats, both came from people who brought them in to be put down. One because she supposedly pissed on the carpet, and the other because his fur was matted up from neglect. They're both the most well behaved and loving cats I've ever seen. They're part of our family.

The female developed cancer in her eye and recently had to have an operation to get it removed. She looks funny now with one eye.

Comment

I happened across a cat in a similar situation several years ago. It was Valentine's Day (forget the year), and my then-girlfriend and her sister came over. They discovered a little female calico kitten in my apartment parking lot, drinking sour milk from a discarded carton in the pouring rain...in February, mind you. I was coerced into keeping the cat, who had some sort of stomach infection, possibly the reason she was "discarded" by her owner. Cat shit of the worst kind all over my apartment! However, I spent a couple hundred dollars on medication, and when nobody responded to "Lost Cat" ads around town, I kept the spastic little turd. Declawing, spaying and shots followed soon after.

That girlfriend is ancient history, but I still have Valentine. Her "brother" Weasel (the black runt I previously adopted, who has adorned various gear pics over the years) passed away earlier this year, but Valentine is still raising hell and perpetually coating everything in calico fur.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X