Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To format the computer...

I've formatted before, hell I've kitted computers...however

FOR THE FREAKIN LIFE OF ME! I cannot remember what the hell I type in to nuke this drive!

Anyone? WinXP H SP2

Re: To format the computer...

Use FDISK from a DOS boot disk.
    If you are re-installing WinXP, you can boot from the CD and wipe/re-partition the drive while you run setup.

Comment

you can use the format command. use it with caution!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

thurston's got it right, though if your hard drive is sata or in ntfs format, most versions of dos won't see it. Booting from the cd works though.

Comment

Just put the CD in the drive when you start up your computer and when Windows runs from the CD it'll give you the option to reformat the drive before installing Windows on it or installing on another drive (assuming the option is checked in the BIOS Setup screen)

EDIT: Duh, Thurston already mentioned this...That's what I get for skimming through instead of reading [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Comment

DOS command is format C:\ or format C:

You can also type format /? to get a list of formatting options.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I've found putting your hard drive in the microwave formats it pretty well.

Comment

Working...
              X