Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travis Smith is gonna do our album cover art.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis Smith is gonna do our album cover art.

I'm biting the bullet and goign with the man...TRavis (artwork for Opeth, Nevermore, Katatonia, Anathema, Novembre, Death) to help us design a proper album cover design and logo.

I just suddenly got sick of the amateurish stuff that we've been settling for the past year. So I e-mailed him. And he's gonna do it (for a price...of course)

will post when its all said and done. I"m excited. But it'll be a few months down the road. Just had to share.

Re: Travis Smith is gonna do our album cover art

Sounds cool. I'd love to see it when it's finished [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. Good luck.

Comment

Well I dig TS's stuff...of course I noticed it everwhere now...

I think I first notice his stuff with Nevermore..

that kicks ass drip...is it going to cost alot...I always wondered about that myself..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

actually not gonna cost as much as I thought. I'm trying to get the band to come up with a few ideas...as he wants alot of input from us. And they're being a bit deadbeatisha bout it. I think they're all depressed because we essentially have to go our seperate ways....one person is going to Seattle, I'm down in Southern, MT now. my brother is going to Denver for school, and another is in Eastern Washington. School blows. So our shit is getting put together very slowly. especially when our drummer bailed on us at the beginning of this month.

But I'll be damned if our finished product doesn't sound and look professional. I aint half assing that's for damn sure.

Comment

A local band that I filled in for briefly (when I was just a boy) had Travis do the artwork on their latest CD:

http://coldcolours.com/images/Lighthousetest1c.jpg

I bought a copy and promptly lost it, but Mr. Smith did a good job, especially considering that the band didn't have a lot of cash to work with.

Sometimes I think I should have stuck with graphic design, but then I probably wouldn't have pursued guitar playing.
          sigpic

Comment

I like his work, but I don't cary for his sketchy linework. I think he's at his best when he's doing photo illustration. He's a got a good eye for color and type too.

Comment

he's been extremely cooperative and helpful so far. He'll do whatever you want, and you don't have to pay until you're satisfied with what he's produced. We should have the final product in early March. (that's what I told asked him for).

It's very exciting to talk and work with him.

Comment

Sounds very cool. I'll be anxious to see/hear it.

Comment

Working...
                X