Just got home from the hospital..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got home from the hospital..

Well, actually to my girlfriends house...

Been in the hospital since sunday.
    I ate dinner as normal, and went to sleep... as the hours went by I thought I was getting gas as I was sleeping.
    2am comes, I'm in excruciating pain... went to Walgreens to get gas-ex...again, thinking I had reallly bad gas.
    Gets worse. Went to the E.R.

Had my gulbladder removed tuesday afternoon.

THe pain fucking kills...and this "gas" that they apparently pumped my stomache full of for the surgery won't go away..and its difficult to even lay down without a god dose of vicodin.

I'm constipated as hell, even after 2 servings of milk of magnesia.

This is really fucking things up for me, as my life seems to go...things are on the way, or going ok..and bam something 3x worse comes along and sets it al back.

I'm on another leave of absence from work, as I recently just returned from my last leave of absence from my car wreck of which I am still not fully recovered.

Please chime in with some advice, words of encouragement, suicide suggestions..etc.

Re: Just got home from the hospital..

it always seems that you get more wrenches thrown at your head the moment you try pulling yourself up by the proverbial bootstraps. many people say that their life got way harder as soon as they tried to get clean. i'm sorry that you're feeling like hell, and i hope that you get some relief soon.

eventually you'll be able to start dodging the wrenches...like in dodgeball. if you haven't seen that movie, rent it when you can laugh at something without it hurting like hell inside.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I'm suprised they let you go without having a "movement" first.All of my surgries they made sure I could go to the bathroom before I went home.It gets better,give it another couple of days.It took me about 6 or 7 days to start to feel normal again and about 2-3 weeks before it really did'nt hurt that much. Just don't overdue it,you really don't want them to have to go back in,that really sucks! Hang in there,man,it gets better.....................
      Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

It'll get beeter bro. Hang in there.My wife went through the gallbladder operation and she thought she'd never get better but she's fine. You'll just have to be close to a bathroom now when you eat fried foods, they'll go right through you.
        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Hang in there Bro..... As soon as you can bear it, get off the vicodin. That is what's causing the consipation. It's all down hill from here.

Comment

awww..man sorry to hear that dude...yeah if you don't take Vics like I do all the time they will constipate your ass big time...get some prune jiuce (seriously) and make sure you take those vics with food or milk because they will make you sick...

call your doc and tell him the vics are making you constipated ...he may call in something else like Darvecette or Perks...somethin'...maybe OC10s ..with surgery like that ..getting OCs should be easy to get...and they will make you feel GREAT but take those with milk or food too...

get well dude..and take care man.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

i'm currently gathering up straw, palms, and branches for my hut that i'm going to live in on the beach, come on out when you're well andi'll show you why you should stay alive and never think suicide. poor dudes get laid out here i'm tellin' ya. i'll send you home with a sore dick from all the action you'll get. get well, cuz i'm not-lol
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

My mother had that removed.

Hope you feel better. All I can say is this, it gets worse before it gets better. If it keeps getting worse, the only way to go is up.

Horns, your suggestion is good, and bad at the same time. All of these are narcotics, that can cause him even more grief if he gets addicted to them...OC10's being a very bad one to be on.

When my mother had that out, she wasn't down and out for long, just a few days. She was a drug user, so she probably was taking something, but she said it wasn't that bad, or as bad as she thought.

Bill is also right about Vics constipating you. A lot of pain killers do that.

Do what I did, when I was younger, get a pill, eat it, start watching infomericals, and get a phone book. Call every number you can, and start saying stupid shit. IT's like you're pranking, but better, because you can play it off like you've got the wrong number!

Get well soon man.

Comment

That sucks, hang in there things will get better.
                  Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Damn dude, sorry to hear that. Never had any sorta operation like that, so I have no real advice to give ya other than to hang in there and wish ya well. Good luck w/ recovery. If it helps, I live my life by that Ying/Yang shit. You've been goin through some bad times, so only good things can be ahead for ya. Good luck [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

- Irfaan -

Comment

Hang in there bro...you can only go up from here. You are in my thoughts.

Comment

I'm sending ya some 'colon blow' your way now..

Best wishes man, things will get better even if in the now they kinda suck..

Comment

Huh huh you said blow. hehe heh heh

Thanks for all the kind words guys, my g/f got me some ducolax stool softener. I'm gonna take one or two of those tonight and hit some milk of magnesia tommrow, and plan for the big one.
                          If not, I fucking give up and back to the hospital.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            OC10s

[/ QUOTE ]
                            As Deneb said, those are pretty addictive. Vics are too, to my knowledge. Just be careful whatever you take, and, as hard as it is, have a border-patrol doctor too. My mom was friends with my doctor, and it did her no good. The Doc knew better than to give her as much as he did, but he wanted to help her too. She got a addicted, and it really fucked all of our lives up. Shit, I might still be at home if it weren't for all of that bullshit.

Hang in there dude! Stick to basic pain killers as much as you can. I would think Ibuprophen (Brandname: Motrin) would be great for that, as it helps with inflammatory pain. Check with the Doc on that one, it's touchy with surgery and other medications, especially anything having to do with the stomach. If something basic helps, there's no need to mess with the heavy duty stuff.

[ QUOTE ]
                            I'm gonna take one or two of those tonight and hit some milk of magnesia tommrow, and plan for the big one.
                            If not, I fucking give up and back to the hospital.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're braver than I am! I will NEVER complain about stomach problems again. The fucking doctor fingered me to get me unconstipated! I was in second grade at the time, so I didn't have a clue what the fuck was going on, until I got the finger that is. Maybe the doctor had something else on his mind...

Comment

I just want to hear the nurse come in and cheerfully say

"Mr. Gwarghoul it's time for your enema!"

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                              X