This Godless Bill Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Godless Bill Z

I wanted to post this in Bill's thread but I couldn't find the end of it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm probably just retarded.
    No matter how hard I try I can not learn to appreciate the growling vocals in metal today which is a shame because I am missing out on a lot of great guitar playing.
    Finding Bill's clean vox list was a godsend and I have been slowly making my way through it for a while now happy to find great guitar didn't die in the Eighties.
    I got through the N's a few weeks ago and picked up This Godless Endeavor.....and my jaw is still on the floor.
    A masterpiece of a freight train with nary a throw-away track begining to end...but I'm sure I don't have to tell you.
    Just a thanks for the time and effort it must have taken to put that together and for hours of beer-through-the-nose entertainment. My collection has grown considerably since finding your thread.
    -Michael

Re: This Godless Bill Z

Wow, I'll guess Bill will be pretty happy to see that someone appreciated his work and his input.

Nice of you to voice your thanks!!!

Comment

This Godless Endeavor has been in my cd player non-stop for the past two weeks! I love every Nevermore album, but for some reason it took a little longer to get into this one than their other albums, but it's really growing on me now. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yup, lot's of good stuff on the list. Thanks to DSL, I can now download this shit and see if it's good! I never buy a CD without steeling a little sample first.

Comment

Thanks dude and I'm honored...

This is what I do...I'm a metalhead thru and thru ..I will take metal to my death...and that's about all I can take...since it will be palying n my head (I'm assuming) as I croke..

I a a very diverse lover of metal...I love and appreciate GREAT talent across the board..well especially the guitar playing...it was ALWAYS the guitar playing that pulled me in this mess..

I'm devoted and have spent a lot of research , time , devotion and money discovering the best of the best of all genres of metal..yes there is good and bad metal bands across the whole spectrum...from Black Metal , Grindgcore to Power metal..and so on..

there is always a few truly exceptional bands that you just can't deny whatever your metal "preference" happen to be...

that is what I'm trying to share since I discovered this..

I discovered alot of amazing bands along my trails and a a whole bunch of real boners too of course..

I want to encourage , promote , and basicaly just share my joy of the music I love best , and the best it has to offer..

and BTW...I learn from you guys too..so it pays to talk about different styles of music with players that MUST be heard..

unfortunately talent doesn't mean popularity...and talent gets spread mostly thru word of mouth and when a band spreads like wildfire such as a talent such as Nevermore...after 12 year of hacking at the bit...they finally surfaced...and I don't care if I was a part of that or not...as long as they surfaced...because a band like that...DESERVES...every bit of praise they get...alot of bands ..

poularity will always be the dominent factor in the case...and without the metal 'zines , metal sites and guys like myself that love to share their love of this shit...I wouldn't know about half the stuff I own..and then I just pass that on..

and yes you are welcome to discuss this on my thread anytime...it it one of the intial reasons why it started...in my unique style..so it turned into a silly frr for a;; thing...to vent ...be silly ...metal.....and anything.

I thank you guys for appreciating this music and I even enjoy it more when someone here turns me onto a new favorite amazing band...and that has happend too..several times

so here's to you guys as well..and let metal RULE forever [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

what a maroon...
            j/k I need this list bill, clean vox?
            Hell yeah I want cheesypoofs!!
            Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

hmmm I told you guys that the Nevermore album was the best of this year a month before it came out.

Comment

http://www.amyjohouston.com/nevermore.wmv

there's a little taste of them live in vegas. It's jsut a blurb of the final product. but you get to watch Loomis pull off that cool solo. quality is amateurish and..well..shitty.but it's still cool.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  This Godless Endeavor has been in my cd player non-stop for the past two weeks! ...

[/ QUOTE ]
                  DIto, Cd Player, MP3 player, and GTA: San Andreas User Track player [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

oh yeah..make sure to vote for their video on the yahoo launch competition....theyr'e winning so far...Trivium is close behind. I fuckign hate trivium. spam vote too...you can vote as many times as you wanht. just make sure to vote for nevermore.

http://music.yahoo.com/promotions/digitdisit/

Comment

very cool video
                      Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

never seen the video...I'll watch him live...

But i do have a video of my balls being worshipped my the Teen Pygmies of Borneo.....now that's action! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                        X