JCF Beer Tree - Beer Exchange Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCF Beer Tree - Beer Exchange Program

OK, in a different thread we've basically went from talking about how F'd up the 'About Jackson' section is to beers. That got me thinking about beers from different locations.

Kristi, for Christmas, enrolled me in a Microbrews Across America thing where I would get 2 6-packs a month from 2 different breweries. Problem with that is that I know with the first beer whether I like it or not. So, I've got a whole refrigerator full of beers that I am taking my sweet-ass time drinking. And the whole time, I'm still going out to my favorite bar and getting myself Guinness. And when I want to have a beer at home I normally grab a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat.

So that kinda got me thinking even more. How about a beer tree? The concept is the same as a CD tree where one person would record a bootleg CD and distribute it to x amount of people and one of the recipients has to reciprocate and distribute the CD to a different x amount of people.

For the beer tree, I'll get a 6-pack of Goose Island Honkers Ale (a local brewery here in Chicago) and take requests from 6 JCF'rs who will in turn purchase a six pack of their local beer. Then we all exchange 1 bottle between each of us. Then we can all come back and give our reviews.

Whaddya think??
    Occupy JCF

Re: JCF Beer Tree - Beer Exchange Program

Cool! I'm in!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Whaddya think??

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to tell me if you've tried Dominion, Tupper's, or Wild Goose before, and if you prefer an ale, lager, stout, wheat, or IPA. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I've never tried those brands before.

As far as my favorites, I really dig Guinness (Stout), Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, and Killians Irish Red (lager).
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Seattle= Home of the Micro

I'm in
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Who doesn't like Guinness?

Cool, count me in. I'll use your favs as a guideline. Have you ever tried Oregon Rasberry Wheat? Mmmmm...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Who doesn't like Guinness?

Cool, count me in. I'll use your favs as a guideline. Have you ever tried Oregon Rasberry Wheat? Mmmmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I actually have, but it couldn't hurt to try it again.

There was a brewery in Door County, WI called Cherryland Brewery. I went up there with an ex and her family and we hung out at the brewery, what should have been a quick stop turned into a 2-hour beer fest. Their Raspberry was simply excellent. I have yet to find a beer that comes close.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

I think shipping 1 glass bottle of liquid cheaply sounds complicated. Isn't more econmical for somebody to give a recommendation and for us to go to the store and try it out. Maybe it's because we're in Chicago, but it seems like I have a plethera of small label beers available to me.

P.S. tekky what is your favorite bar? Up until about 3 years ago mine was Witt's on Lincoln near Elbo Room. After hours of hardwork and dedication, we were able to work up to a status of being able to drink for 8 hours every Friday night and only have a $25 tab for 6 dudes. plus the batenders were pretty and nice and liked good music. plus plus it was 1 block away from my apt. But the owners sold and now its all different there. Now I have no favorite bar.

Comment

I'm in. Let me in on the specifics. If you want a local St. Louis brewery, Schlafly is the biggest. There's a couple other small ones that are decent. And Boulevard from Kansas City, Mo is pretty good, too. Keep me informed on the process.

Comment

I am so jealous of people in major beer markets, I have a weakness for the finer beers, unfortunatly out here in "GOOBERVILLE" the selection at the rural liquor stores is a joke, I have seen half a truck load of Busch and Busch light unloaded with maybe a case or two of Bud and Michelob. acouple 12 packs of Coors light and once in a blue moon a six pack or 2 of Killians, Every time I go to the Resort areas on the Beach I load up on Bass, Guiness, Becks, and Dos Equis amber, or anything else decent I can find. At least Walmart in town stocks Coors, I am getting used to it, If you ever get out to Colorado "Fat Tire" ale is a must try. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I think shipping 1 glass bottle of liquid cheaply sounds complicated. Isn't more econmical for somebody to give a recommendation and for us to go to the store and try it out. Maybe it's because we're in Chicago, but it seems like I have a plethera of small label beers available to me.

P.S. tekky what is your favorite bar? Up until about 3 years ago mine was Witt's on Lincoln near Elbo Room. After hours of hardwork and dedication, we were able to work up to a status of being able to drink for 8 hours every Friday night and only have a $25 tab for 6 dudes. plus the batenders were pretty and nice and liked good music. plus plus it was 1 block away from my apt. But the owners sold and now its all different there. Now I have no favorite bar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not sure about the logistics of it, yet. The premise though is to exchange beers that are difficult to get elsewhere.

My favorite bar? The Dark Horse on Sheffield.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I'm in. Let me in on the specifics. If you want a local St. Louis brewery, Schlafly is the biggest. There's a couple other small ones that are decent. And Boulevard from Kansas City, Mo is pretty good, too. Keep me informed on the process.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried Schafly's raspberry the weekend I got married. I think I even have a couple bottles left.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

I was never a fan of the fruit flavored beers myself. Adding citrus like lemon (Hefeweissens), lime (Mexican beers) or an orange (Blue Moon) to a beer is another story completely.

Comment

how the hell would you ship beer?
                            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              If you ever get out to Colorado "Fat Tire" ale is a must try. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I first moved to Idaho, I was really excited to be in an area where we can get Fat Tire. The romance lasted about 2 days. It's way overrated. Mirror Pond is a far superior beer.

Comment

Working...
                              X