GC issue: advice wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC issue: advice wanted

Here's the deal, some of you may remember a few weeks ago I posted about this. My sister bought me an Epiphone SG for my birthday. She got it at a Guitar Centerin Chicago, so I took it over to one here in STL and returned it for some store credit. So now I've got a hair over $450 in credit at GC and I don't know what to do with it.

The only guitar they had in there that was remotely interesting to me was a Charvel San Dimas II. The neck was damn near perfect with minor wear on the frets. But the body had quite a few scrathes, no nicks or dings, just scratches. It had no trem bar for the Wilkinson and no case. The salesguy said he could get me a case for it, but I didn't ask at what extra price. They had it stickered at $799 so I asked how flexible they are on used gear prices. He said pretty firm so I thought "fuck that" and told him I would take store credit. Then he punched some stuff into the computer and said he could override it to knock $100 off it. I still declined as I thought that was still a bit overpriced.

So now I'm left with a little bit of cash and no idea what to do with it. I could check on some of the import Jacksons, but I feel like they would be a step down from my Charvels (650xl and 750xl's), quality-wise. I was never a big Strat guy, and even then, the Mexican Strats never appealed to me either. Gicbson can pretty much kiss my ass for being way overpriced considering how hard you have to look to find a decent one. I don't mind adding a little extra cash, but probably not more than another $200.

I guess I'll just keep checking in looking for some decent used stuff unless anyone has a better idea.

Re: GC issue: advice wanted

You could buy me something. I'm pretty sure I could come up with $450 worth of stuff I'd like to have.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I knew I could count on you to come up with something for me to do, Tim. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, you asked. I'm here to help. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

does your due bill expire Travis...wait until something grabs you...until then save a little more "mad" money and buy what you like instead of a compromise..I suppose..
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

what if you just buy 'anything" for that amount...with reciept..

could you return that for a full refund...just thinkin'.. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Another option is, something like what Tim suggested.

Find someone who wants to buy something at GC, and ask him to take your credit of $450 in turn for $420 cash or something. You'll lose $30, but have $420 -in-hand-cash.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Tell your sister you traded off the guitar she most-likely got ripped off over for $450 of GC credit, then decide [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

There's only one thing I want to know ,Is your sister single? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Just kidding,I wish my sister was that cool,I mean she's cool but not $450 cool,if you know what I mean.
                  I hope you find something worth it Travis.The GC nearest to me has a Charvel model a plus pro (I think thats what its called) anyway it has a seymour duncan pearly gates ,and 2 seymour duncan hot rails or cool rails,a floyd copy,schaller I think and it cost $349 and the guy told me he could probabaly work a deal since its been there so long ,Its kinda scratched up but it plays like a dream.
                  The neck has the rolled edges ,pretty cool.
                  Well good luck.

Comment

Nah, my sister only throws money like that around because she married a millionaire. She has no job. She just sits around the house and raises the kids. And they have a housekeeper and nanny from time to time. What kind of sense does that make?

Comment

Well, at least she's contributing to the kids' upbringing and not letting them develop the attitude that the Nanny is the Mommy and she's the Mother.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Save some money and keep an eye on what they have coming in. Bear in mind they will have a bigass Labor Day sale in just over a month, so if you can cool your jets that long you can probably get a lot for your money.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X