Dodge/Plymouth ACR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dodge/Plymouth ACR

All the cobras that you see are .."kits"...mine is factory made by Factory Five racing...it weighs 2100 lbs...that's it..

There is a dude that put a Viper motor in his bastard...jeezuz..

Since only 500 real cobra exist...you won't see one...very rarely will you ever see one..and if you did...it would most likely be at a Cobra rally meet like the annual spring Fling they have..I saw ONE real one..and since they have an aluminum body instead of fiberglass..they are all dinged and wavy lookin..but that's how they were..and they're worth about a half Mill...so seeing a real one would be a rare thing!

Mine is designed like the original but with modern technology as far as the framework...4" tubular frame just like the originals...but they are stronger , lighter ...Factory Five will send you a free DVD explaining everything...they TRULY kick ass!!!!

my dad raced a Suzuki 1400 Intruder which is faster than your average Harley and just anal raped him...My dad said it was the first time in his life he ever beat two wheels with four.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

It's fast!

The basic FF5 MrkII kit w/ a stock 4.6...mine is a 5.0 225 horse output wit 3:55 gears will do 0-60 in 3.5 and a 1/4 in the upper 12's...but a Vortek and some tweakage will get this bastard in the 11s easy and with some NOS probably 10s..

I don't really need it to go that fast..if I took you for a ride in it you'll see it's plenty fast enough...sick fast , it really throw ya back in your seat...I want a Vortek in it next year...for shit and giggles...then I'll go from there! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

happy speeding..don't get a ticket [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I had an ACR. I bought it in 1997. I ordered it with A/C and heat, rear defrost and a radio. The only other option was the sportier interior. I drove it daily, with the Konis set to max firm, for almost three years. I put 125k on it. It was a great commuter car. Great mileage, peppy with that 150 horse twin cam...and handled like a roller skate, very capable brakes. Great, great autocross car....no mods needed. When I had a second child, I got rid of it for the new Mopar toy...the PT. Had to wait 11 months for the PT. Still pay for it every month, although the Ex drives it. It is a total POS. 65k on it and it has required a gratuitous amount of maintenance.

The ACR needed nothing but oil and gas and an occassional plug swap. Just make sure it has had the timing belt changed. Mine let go at 85k (my fault) while twisting 6 grand in 3rd gear. Needless to say, I bent every valve as it is an interference motor.

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Mike. The ACR's are SOHC right?

Comment

Mike is nuts...he makes Ford LTDs do 10s in a 1/4..

Hey Mike...how 'bout comin' over my place and fuck with my baby..I'll let ya... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
          X