WTF - Economist promotes Shakira ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF - Economist promotes Shakira ?

To my utter astonishment this week's issue commited a whole page to Shakira:
    The Crossover Queen
    I can't seen any link between her and the Economist group that would explain cross-promoting; they seem to actually take her seriously. Is there more to diva-pop than annoying mannerisms and synth'ed melismas that I'm missing here ? Old-age horniness of the editorial staff ? Are the boardrooms dropping any elitist pretenses of enyoing modal solos over 'trane changes and show their true taste ? I still think that the last last blonde bombshell with a good voice is Dee Snider from Twisted Sister, so could anyone on the board educate us whether something interesting happened in pop since the eighties ?

Re: WTF - Economist promotes Shakira ?

I think I have the answer

SHE IS HOT!
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

by the way, imho she's not. she looks like 20 billion other girls...ordinary

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

by the way, imho she's not. she looks like 20 billion other girls...ordinary

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see a rump like that every day. Quite delightful. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Well, hottness is relative and like most aesthetic judgements can only made cogent through behaviouristic analysis:
          I wouldn't kick her out of the bed if I were alone. Would kick her if I were already with say, Jessica Simpson. Ask them to draw straws when with Brittney. Probably get kicked out of bed if toghether with Madonna (but trying to kick out Madonna), but quite being able to kick out Jani Lane with her help.

PS: Being in bed with Jani Lane is purely hypothetical. If I actually woke up next to him I would retire into a hysterical fugue state and never come back.

Comment

She'll give you hot fok big boy
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

one of my friends looks pretty much exactly like her. hawtness in person
              You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Ever see her move in a video? Holy shit...
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Yeah!

That latest video of her, she's got this new move! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I'd do things to her ...you wouldn't do to a farm animal.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

So Bill, you'd wouldn't ride her, but you'd have a nice long conversation over a cup of tea about natural history and international politics? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

exactly! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

No...I would actually have to beat off twice before I'd even start with that piece of ass!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

just to take the edge off.. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

that girl is hot and yes I've seen the videos [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                          X