Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is a good place to buy hard to find albums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is a good place to buy hard to find albums?

I am looking for albums by Cynic, Control Denied, and any other Death alumns or friends of Chuck. Where would be a good place to buy them online? I could always go the best buy route, however I am wondering if there are cheaper places to get the albums I am looking for?
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Re: Where is a good place to buy hard to find albu

Ebay.

Comment

www.musicstack.com is even better

Comment

Century media has most everything your lookin for..

THE END....average cost on a cd is $14 but free shipping with no limits..

Century Media ..average cd is $12 bucks no tax ...or shipping for orders over $100..I like to call them to see if they have the item in stock..1800-250-4600..I always talk to "Ray"...he always takes my order.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I order from those two monthly..

Impulse and CD Universe is another great place...they have alot of new and old hard to find stuff..

all the OOP..Out OF Print stuff that hasn't been re-issued yet is all Ebay...like Atheist...but you know as soon as you buy a used old copy of theirs for 40-50 bucks..they will re-issue their whole catalog remastered w/ bonus tracks...happends to me all the time! [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

GMS, go to CD Warehouse in Edina (by Southdale). I was there two days ago, and on the "Staff Picks" rack, they had Control Denied, the remastered Cynic album, and Gordian Knot (Malone and Reinert from Cynic). I was going to pick up the GK album, but was a little tight on cash and needed to pick up some guitar stuff.
          sigpic

Comment

we don't have too many walk in metal cd shops around here...so I do most of my shopping thru the mail orders..

I wish I could walk in somewhere here and buy this stuff...trouble is when you do ..you pay over $20 w / tax for it...like at FYE at the malls with their high overhead and lease they must pay..I still buy it sometimes...depends how bad I want it...or if the mail order p0laces are out of stock on a cerain item

CM has Cynic in stock for 12 bucks..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Alright. Looks like I might have to make a trip down to the cities. Those three bands are awesome! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Otherwise check out Cheapo. All of the locations are good, but if you're making the drive down anyway, go to the Uptown Minneapois location - HUGE metal section. I hadn't been there in years, and was blown away. New stuff, old stuff...lots of it.
                sigpic

Comment

dude if you like stuff like Cynic ...The Alarum is pretty cool...they are comparted to Cynic in the reviews and whatnot...I have it ..it's pretty good.

My favorite stuff like that is a band called SYMBYOSIS "crisis"...they feakin' RULE!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow... those dudes from The Alarum are pretty talented. They wouldnt, by chance, have anything to do with Psycroptic would they? I think they are both aussie bands.

Comment

This place has a lot of stuff. It's a bunch of dealers - kind of like GBase - http://www.gemm.com/
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

No I have psycroptic...they have more in common with Severed Savior...well I think their on the same label...

But the Alarum is always compared to the CYNIC vibe...and they do in alot of ways...it's good...I'm liking it more and more as I listen to it..

but I'm spreading it out pretty thin...way too much metal...so little time..

and I'm as you know ..I is Retired...that means I don't work...ever! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dude...check out SYMBYOSIS...everyone that I show it to...LOVES IT!!!

I like them better than cynic!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Bill - I think I'm gonna have to try those places you are suggesting - Amazon.com is not coming through with the items you put in my shopping cart.
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I need to buy more cd's, and quit dling/ebaying for them.

Comment

Tim...I did all the homework thru the years..

the best place to buy is from Century Media (if the have it stock) ...go online or call like I do to see if that have the item you want in stock before slapping it on your plastic...I hate back orders..and waiting and crap..especially when it's paid for.

I'm calling today myself...1 800 250 4600...or www.centurymedia.com

Comment

Working...
                              X