No announcement yet.

Large sized boxes for shipping guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large sized boxes for shipping guitars?

I think this has been addressed a couple of times before, but I've tried the search function and I can't get it to find what I'm looking for.

Where could I obtain a large box for shipping a RR / KV / WR in case? I've tried hitting up guitar center and they never get any boxes big enough to comfortably house the axes with a reasonable amount of space around the guitar for peanuts / packing material. Any ideas?

Re: Large sized boxes for shipping guitars?

When Jackson sends out those guitars in the plastic case, they don't put any packing materials in the box. Just the guitar and case. I have done this too. If you are sending a guitar in a G&G style case you should def put packing material though.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

You can go to the dumpster area of appliance stores, hardware stores or firniture stores and find large boxes. You may find boxes that are too large and need to be cut down to fit, but you can get big enough pieces of cardboard
      to work with. Cut it down to size and tape the hell out of it.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Go to Toys 'R Us or any bike shop - the boxes that bikes come in are great.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Try Safeway or Albertson. They have oversize boxes most of the time. But you might need to do a little cut and paste.

Fong

Comment

Dude, to ship my Rhoads out I cut up 2 boxes and duct taped the hell out of them. No part of the box could be seen...all grey from duct tape

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              When Jackson sends out those guitars in the plastic case, they don't put any packing materials in the box. Just the guitar and case. I have done this too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful about this, I have a shattered SKB Warrior case that attained its present state due to being shipped in this manner.
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Thanks for the ideas guys. As for why I pack so much.. I'm just a paranoid guy!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  When Jackson sends out those guitars in the plastic case, they don't put any packing materials in the box. Just the guitar and case. I have done this too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful about this, I have a shattered SKB Warrior case that attained its present state due to being shipped in this manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

I got my Rhoads case all busted up because there was no padding material between the case and the box...

However, it would have been to big for shipping if it had been padded.
                  https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    You can go to the dumpster area of appliance stores, hardware stores or firniture stores and find large boxes. You may find boxes that are too large and need to be cut down to fit, but you can get big enough pieces of cardboard
                    to work with. Cut it down to size and tape the hell out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. Appliance boxes are usually really heavy duty cardboard, so they work real good.

Comment

Try an Auto Body Shop. Some car parts come in boxes that will work (and they will be glad to have it out of the way).

Comment

I've shipped two Rhoads in the boxes radiators are shipped in. Radiator boxes are the perfect size for a Rhoads case. They have very thick cardboard to protect a radiator in shipping, so they also work very well for guitar cases. I agree with FATKAT, try an auto body shop, or any other type of garage, lots of automotive parts are shipped in boxes that size.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Thanks for the ideas guys. As for why I pack so much.. I'm just a paranoid guy!

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Paranoid huh? A refrigerator box and A LOT of packing peanuts should do the trick. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What would be the downside to shipping something like this with egg crate lining the box? If you ever extra foam lying about, why not use that? Just a suggestion, never tried that, I've just never heard of that done before and it sounds reasonable...

Comment

Working...
                          X