Recording board going out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording board going out?

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about electronics.I have alesis studio 24 recording console that is making lite crackling noises and distorts a signal at certain volumes without clipping.I see my meteres move when no sinal is running thru it.I dont use it much,tried a different outlet but the meters still move when no signal is running thru .looks like something is ready to blow?Its a board for a 8 trk,not to big so it should be easy to fix.i hope...Figures this happens the night i was gonna lay down some cheezy shredding tracks dammit....
    [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Re: Recording board going out?

First thing i would check is that all the jacks and plugs are ok. Crackling noise can be caused by bad contacts. Maybe use some contact spray. Also check if pots and faders are ok.

Do the meters show you something when there are cables plugged in or not ?
    The thing is when you can be sure that all jacks and pots and so on are ok, the problem should be with the electronics itself and without a multimeter, schematic and oszilloscope you will have a hard time troubleshooting it.

Flo
    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

i unplugged EVERYTHING from it and it still seems to do it.Plus,there is a hum just like in my amp even late at night when all the tvs are off.the board just does occasionally but i dont need it making noise in a situation where im recording someone else.im going to keep an eye on it.it could be so many things.ive got hum and now my board is acting up.not good....thanks!

Comment

take it to a repair shop...like any piece of electronic gear it needs to be serviced regularly...and cleaned...you can't imagine how much dust and junk builds up in a board til you open it up and go ...OMG!!!!!...d.m.
        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

..or a priest, it sounds possessed.

Comment

i have left it on all day and seperated adat and mixer from other electronics in the rack.no jumping leds or hum but a good cleaning may be in order.And as for being posessed,i havent recorded any death metal on it yet.But soon...

Comment

Working...
            X