Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Rant) Keep business and Private separate......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Rant) Keep business and Private separate......

[img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] What is with people these days?

I have about ten "friends" (nobody here, no worries) that owe me about 2.5K €uros.. all of it for Months if not years, most of it becasue of me making the huge mistake of 1. selling stuff to friends in the first place
    2. being "understanding" for too long....

What, just because I´m not a shop that hasn´t threatened with a Lawyer yet I don´t deserve my cash but instead deserve to let these fuckers ruin my life? I haven´t eaten, smoked or drank anything other than Tap water in days...The CD is endangered becasue I need 2k within 2 weeks, I´ve had to kill almost all of my private pension funds, I have NO reserves left other than my guitars, two of whick are already ending on Fleabay today (WOuld´ve offered them here and on the Duncan Forums first, but I need absolute max. moolah from them, sorry guys...)

And what pisses me off the most "I don´t have any money"... Well you´ve obviously got more than I do you worthless piece of trash, becasu you´re still buying weed every two days and going out partying from what others tell me... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

WHO THE FUCK do these people think they are?? All this has pissed me off and fucked me up to the point of actually THROWING guitars into their cases instead of laying them, and I´m not pulling punches hitting concrete walls, either... I need to let off LOTS of agression, FAST.

Christ, Thanks to all this I had a FEAST on my birthday: a single cold fucking cheeseburger, thanks you bastards... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I never thoiugh I´d raise my hand against friends, but right now if any of these people were to come by on a visit hed have my left fist in his jaw while the handshake suddenly turns into a headlock... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Definitely makes me reconsider the word "Friend".... And I guarantee you I´ll never sell anything to a "local friend" again, at least not without a contract that puts his balls on my dinner plate if he fucks up... [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Re: (Rant) Keep business and Private separate......

Never sell to anyone, without money in your hand.

If your friends still have what you sold them, maybe get the stuff back. If it's something illegal, that they already smoked, then you may very well be SOL.

Comment

Re: (Rant) Keep business and Private separate.....

I am really sorry to hear this man...

I have been fooled and tricked by pseudo-friends in the past one too many times... Which led me to be more careful in choosing them. There are probably 3 people in total that I consider friends. Rest is just acquintances to me... Kinda makes it harder for other people to trick you... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Never sell to anyone, without money in your hand.

If your friends still have what you sold them, maybe get the stuff back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guitars and PC parts... I´m considering taking a bat to the neck-body joint of the axes and calling it even, same with the PCs... that hurts MUCH more than simple reposession, because the other guy now has to spend money if it´s dear to him... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And the funny thing is, I NEVER sell without at least a downpayment... almost all of these are cases where the installments just don´t seem to matter becasue they already have the stuff.... but Destroy the wares, problem solved [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Or they can pay....

*Edit* YIPES, I just noticed: I´m so riled I just did 20 single armed pullups per arm... I usually can´t do any at all [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Not good....

Comment

Man , sorry to here that . Take your gear back and lose your so called friends . They sound more like leaches !!
          Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Man , sorry to here that . Take your gear back and lose your so called friends . They sound more like leaches !!

[/ QUOTE ]
            Well, leeches can be burned alive legally, but that´s about the only difference [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Sucks dude, I'd definitely strong-arm the "friends" for the money, but the starving artist thing I really can't sympathize with. Yeah you're out doing your music thang and chasing the dream, but at what cost?
              It's not paying you enough to live between gigs?
              It's your sole source of income but it's not a guaranteed, stable income?

Sorry dude, hate to rain on your parade, but if you're not gigging enough to keep money in your pocket, you need a job.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

great friends you have... sorry to hear that.
                and there's better things to get back after months and years than PC parts, which loose value every day.

I hope your guitars run well on ebay and you get out of this shit.
                would be a shame if your CD is not releasedd, since I really like the stuff I've heard on your website.
                good luck///
                tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Some people don't care about them dere oblimigations. Dems people need to get beat and beat badly
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

It's simple; they haven't paid, they don't own the stuff yet. Repo the stuff and Ebay it for the money you need. Bear in mind that if or WHEN you go under, those friends won't even want to talk to you, let alone pay what they owe you. When a guy owes you $500 but won't let you sleep on his couch when you're homeless, then you'll get violent.

Don't beat up the gear, it didn't stiff you. Take it back and sell it to those who'll pay. If you have to strong-arm
                    them, too bad for them. Get a big friend and pay him or beer him to be your backup and muscle. They'll cry and won't be your "friend" anymore, but with friends like that who needs enemies?
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Sucks dude, I'd definitely strong-arm the "friends" for the money, but the starving artist thing I really can't sympathize with. Yeah you're out doing your music thang and chasing the dream, but at what cost?
                      It's not paying you enough to live between gigs?
                      It's your sole source of income but it's not a guaranteed, stable income?

Sorry dude, hate to rain on your parade, but if you're not gigging enough to keep money in your pocket, you need a job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Newc, I don´t want to be an ass, but you don´t know my situation... at least not fully.

As you may know I´m recently out of a job and so far doing quite well on unemployment while still actively searching for a new one, Luthierie and PC repairs on the side bolster that as well.... what you don´t know is that my Birthday month is traditionally "Murphy Month", by far the most expensive month each year.... In this case, I have an insurance issue where they´re not paying and it´s gonna cost me 400$ or I can spend months duking it out in court... still had to lay out the cash though... My computer fried 2 hard drives a mainboard and a processor in a power surge DESPITE protection, another few 00 Euros, My V-twin died forcing me to acquire a new one to continue recording and not waste even more money there.... and diverse other unexpected things which I´d rather not share. Even with my old job this would have put me in the same situation. But it WOULDN`T have if all these guys had kept their word, all of this money has been CONSTANTLY promised to me for about a quarter year, but everytime I want to collect there´s a problem...

Anyway, I´m not looking for sympathy, but merely needed a place to vent and maybe keep other from making the same mistake while at it... Thank you for trying, but you can´t rain on a parade that´s not taking place [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

*edit* AS far as eBay, well the AT-1 and LP Gothic served their purpose as investment objects, if even in an untimely matter... sold both with a profit of min. 150, was praying for 1400€, got just over 1600€... all the souls I´ve been bringing the dark side from the Duncan forum must be paying off [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

BTW: beating the shit out of a forest with a baseball bat can be VERY catharctic [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I sold an amp to a friend and he has taken about a year to pay me for it. This was a $650 amp too. Doesn't bother me too much though because he's been paying me gradually for it $75 about every other month.

It is just like another friend who owes me $85. That friend goes out and has pizza delivered as well as purchases cocaine. Yet that "friend" cannot fork over the $85 for the money owed to me.

Comment

<font color="aqua">This is why I don't have any friends.........well, the fact that I'm an asshole has something to do with it as well but you get my drift..... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I hope things look up for ya buddy.... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Yeah, these aren't your friends. Repo the gear.

Whenever dealing with friends/family, ALWAYS draw up a contract. Why? Not because you don't trust them, but because you want to go the extra mile to preserve the relationship; it's an investment in that relationship.

Drawing up a contract forces both parties to note what they assume to be the terms so that you aren't in an awkward conflict later and gives you an unamibiguous course of action when non-payment happens. It's also ok to note in the contract why you are putting in certain clauses. For example "non-payment requires reposession of item without refund of deposit because non-payment would put seller in undue financial hardship." If your friend signs that, he would be a real dick for not letting you repo upon non-payment. And at that point you know he's a dick, and then you can, with clear consience, exert legal leverage against him if he refuses to give up the gear.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Definitly!

Try and search for ANY evidence, however informal or insignificant, and first contact your friends and ask for the stuff back or money within 4 days. If he refuses or fails to answer, present your evidence to a lawyer and let him type up a letter to your 'friend', this only costs €35 (it can be a lot for you right now, but it's worth it) or so, but it'll probably scare the hell out of your 'friend', if he still does not listen. Sue him at civil/domestic court and get your stuff back that way.

Ultimately, if you're so sick of this shit, a good cornering and minor beating could ease him into paying.
                              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X