Isis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isis

I'm listening to Panopticon, my first time for hearing this band, they are pretty fucking cool so far. lots of long guitar jams, off-timing stuff, solid bass.

some of the songs have the cookiemonster vocals thing, which I don't favor. but the music is really good.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Re: Isis

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm listening to Panopticon, my first time for hearing this band, they are pretty fucking cool so far. lots of long guitar jams, off-timing stuff, solid bass.

some of the songs have the cookiemonster vocals thing, which I don't favor. but the music is really good.

[/ QUOTE ]
    They are an amazing band. Very good live too. Oceanic is also another great album by them.

Comment

Their live show is amazing.
      They are able to dial in the exact same guitar tone live and in the studio.

If you like that stuff, check out Pelican. They're on HydraHead records which is run by the frontman from Isis.

Comment

yeah I really like this band based on just one listen to Panopticon. some sick shit, like a rock/metal jam band. and the cookiemonster vocals are minimal overall, which is a good thing in my book. I'll check out the Oceanic cd next, they didn't have that one at Best Buy yesterday...
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I find it interesting to see Isis' name mentioned here. I saw them at SXSW a few months back. They were excellent live. Justin Chancellor did a few songs with them, which was very cool. And meeting him afterward was interesting. The guys in the band are very down-to-earth. Good dudes. Definitely respectable in every regard.

That reminds me... we were talking about booking some shows together....

~Annah

Comment

I love Isis, although I think I prefer their older stuff (the red sea, sngl 5, etc) to the newer stuff. the older is a bit heavier, _denser_. (not that the new stuff is bad at all)

Pelican rocks as well! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I can't wait for the new Pelican to come out.
              I heard a demo of it and it's freakin amazing
              [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X