• Show
Clear All

Re: music influences

too many to name, so ill just list my top favorite bands of ALL TIME:

metallica
    led zeppelin
    misfits
    tool

yeah, you read right. 311. gooooodddddddaaaaaaammmnnnnn i love that band [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

To name a few...

Children of Bodom, In Flames, Ozzy Osbourne, BLS, Deep Purple, Van Halen, Kalmah, Norther, AC DC, Iron Maiden and YJM.

Comment

If you're into NIN and Massive Attack, I recommend you check out Front Line Assembly!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          I'm 43 and I am right with ya regarding your influences bro. The song that inspired me to even pick up a guitar originally is 25 or 6 to 4 by Chicago. That guitar solo changed my life. Welcome to the board.

[/ QUOTE ]
          thanks man, I know what you mean, Schenker's playing in UFO is what did it for me.
          just. motherfucking. incredible.

he's my alltime favorite player, no one else's tone or attack comes close IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a big fan of Mike too. You must really dig Uli Jon Roth too.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            no one else's tone or attack comes close IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm Schenker fan too but when it comes to attack Gary Moore smokes ALL of the players PERIOD. John Sykes or even Zakk Wylde have monster attack also.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I have to agree for heavy aggressive attack...Gary , Zakk and Sykes are the shit!

you know who else plays hard as hell and fast and clean as a motherfucker...Jeff Waters of Annihilator..that dude plays HARD!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

yeah my favorite players for their attack style and tone are Schenker, Adrian Smith (his leads just cut right through so killer, you can always tell it's him), Sykes (a fuggin monster!! - saw him with Blue Murder in 89), and Jeff Watson, whose lead style is very unique.

not as much a fan of Uli or Zakk. I like some new ozzy stuff and some of ZW's playing but I'm not really into the whole Zakk thing so much. Gary Moore is good too, but he is kinda boring, at least in what he's been doing lately.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Yeah...I don't listen to Ozzy anymore either..boring

Gary more ...that who blues bullshit...boring..Give me want Corridors!

Jeff Watson is a very fast , hard player...I haven't seen him since '83..

Sykes kicked my ass with Lizzy and BM..

Uli to be is god...when he plays the Hendrix stuff..to me that's boring...even though he does it great.

I'm not into the old stuff much these days...it's old...most of the stuff I loved back 15 years ago sounds a bit dated..

I like metal better much more these days...it's just like it was back in the day with a harder kick in the nads..they just took the ball and ran with it...and they're still runnin'..

so many great players...so many bands ...old and new...that are incredible and such little time to hear them...and I'm retired..and do nothing all day...everday!

and I still can't find the time to listen to all my music...well there is quite a bit..I have a "room" of cds..I quit counting after 5000..all shred...all metal...nothing but.

I can't pinpoint influeces...I love all great metal of all genres and it ALL influences my playing and writing..all equally..

I'm as inspired by Gary Moore as I am Old Man's Child...or Van Halen and Soilwork ...Blue Murder and Nevermore , Coroner ...Savatage...Morbid Angel...and etc.

I draw from alot of sources... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Schenker's playing in UFO is what did it for me.
                    just. motherfucking. incredible.

he's my alltime favorite player, no one else's tone or attack comes close IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You ain't kidding MS is incredible, real shame how his personal life turned out.
                    Makes you wonder if everything was cool at home how much better he would have been.

Very much under appreciated.
                    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

so many too list... but... i always go back to
                      neil schon... just can flat out rip [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      george lynch... can out shred anyone period. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                      jeff carlisi... best southern rock guitarist that no one has heard of. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

like i said too many to list... those are my main influences. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                      Amp... Pioneer
                      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        george lynch... can out shred anyone period. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        yeah, Lynch is like an alien he's so unreal. I love his "call and answer" style of riffing and leads. seen him play many times.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                        X