Uli joins the Scorps for the first time since 1978

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uli joins the Scorps for the first time since

Thanks Jimmy; you're the king! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Don't get me wrong, I like several of the Scorpions albums with Matthias, and they are kickass live. It's not that what they are now is bad, it's that what they were before was so much better, or let's say much more unique!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Unfortunately that very rancid mediocrity is what's been putting the bratwurst on the table for Scorpions for so many years. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]You have to wonder if Matthias will feel a bit like Bruce Kulick must have felt at the KISS Unplugged show? If they could generate interest in a tour with Uli, that'd be great! I'd travel to see that show, wuld even sell a guitar to affod it! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You kidding me Rich? These guys are sitting on a decent nest egg!...they've been around for aeons! They can go in any direction they want (as they tried the NuMetal thing on the last album) and still sell out arenas! I'm sure they don't need to worry about putting the bratwurst on the table! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

My wife saw them last year and told me they killed live.
        I would pay a crazy sum of money to see Uli even for a few songs. To me, guitar playing doesn't get any better than Uli. When Uli plays it is no longer about the song, its about Uli. The song just becomes a backing track.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]...yeah what he said..

Rich , Jimmy...you better swing over here and get my ass.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Matthias tis but a NODULE on Uli's beanbag...a small nodule at that..hardly visable to the naked eye.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Rich , Jimmy...you better swing over here and get my ass.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong thread Bill. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

oh yeah...that didn't sound right...

but they know what I mean.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Bill, John G, John Cleveland, Jimmy and I'll be carpoolin' with y'all! Bill brings the weed though! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]Ken, the Scorps to me have been mediocre since Love at First Sting. So since then it's been all about the bratwurst fund IMO. That doesn't mean they aren't great live, but they've been trolling the LCD for at least 20 years. I'm happy for their success but compared to the Uli version they pale in comparison IMO, that's all.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I can supply some medicinal grade stuff to help the cause. It's almost as potent as the herb I aquire from Jamaica that gives me polio.

Now all we need is US dates and a reunion.
                    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Well, if the shows are in Canada that'd be cool, but didn't want ya to have to smuggle it into the States...Yeah, we are forgetting the hard part, arranging the shows... but some Steamrock Fever 2005 would be damn cool! [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

you fukks better have a spot for me, i drive the charvel warbus, remember?
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Hey Tommy! The bigger the bus, the lesser the fuss! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Or something... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Anyway, hell yeah! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

seriously , If I see Uli playing with the scorps this year..I swear I'm gonna scream and faint like a chick in a poodle skirt wearing pointy glasses watching the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show.. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X