Fun At Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: More Fun At Work

Damn! Be careful, I don't want to hear about Dr.Newcenstein losing his hands and having to type with his elbows!

Pete

Comment

Work sucks. Makes you wonder, how do some people get jobs?

Comment

Re: Fun At Work

[ QUOTE ]
        Only thing I have to worry about are nasty paper cuts or the occasional fight with a rabid stapler. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Mark.....I'll send the Min-Pin o' Death up there for a week to take care of that nasty stapler problem you seem to be having [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Newc: I feel you bro. I work for a company intimately involved with what you show stacked in those pictures. Because I have a mortgage and two kids to feed I can't go into the stuff I see daily. You are not alone in this, it seems to be SOP in industry now days. Primarily it is the stupidity of the individuals that can't be bothered with thinking or doing something correctly. I have seen some good people seriously hurt due to the nimrod they are working with. Watch out for yourself cause it doesn't appear anyone else will. Be safe.
          "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

Oh believe me, I've been there long enough to know what's dangerous and what's just "risky".

First thing I tell all the new people: If it moves, it can kill you. If it weighs more than you, it can kill you. If it looks like it can move or weighs more than you, it does, and it can kill you. If it is not your job to touch it, don't touch it. Curiosity killed the cat. Don't be the cat. If after hearing this you're stupid enough to get hurt by doing something I told you not to do, you deserve it, and I don't wanna hear any whining about it when it happens. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

While I do appreciate OSHA's efforts in providing lowly workers like myself a reasonably safe environment, I have seen many instances where they want a rule or hard core safeguard installed where common sense would do just as well. Not everyone follows common sense, and not everyone is mindful of the hard core safeguard, either.
            Most of the time, the safeguards they impose (like some safety barriers) are an obstruction more than protection. Companies make money when product leaves the building, not when employees are relieved of their responsibility to be aware of potential hazards and given the freedom to enter work areas they are not assigned to.

I've been pushing for a couple of years to have designated areas that certain employees may not enter because they have not been trained in those areas, as opposed to the cumbersom safety barriers the OSHA rep insisted they put up. To service the machine, we have to get to those areas readily, and we are losing money by trying to work through or around the barriers that shouldn't be there to begin with if they would simply adopt a "No unauthorized entry/access" policy.

Can you believe OSHA made us put up signs in front of brazing furnaces that say "Confined Space: Do Not Enter"!? I mean, these things run 24/7, have visible flame in the opening, maintain a constant temperature over 2000 degrees Farenheit, and you can see what looks like the surface of the Sun for about 50 feet in, and you have to TELL people not to go in!?
            If they're that dumb, don't stop 'em [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

TXCharvel - use the pics if you want [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Union Shop?
              "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Can you believe OSHA made us put up signs in front of brazing furnaces that say "Confined Space: Do Not Enter"!? I mean, these things run 24/7, have visible flame in the opening, maintain a constant temperature over 2000 degrees Farenheit, and you can see what looks like the surface of the Sun for about 50 feet in, and you have to TELL people not to go in!?
                If they're that dumb, don't stop 'em [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">This is why, unfortunately, humans aren't like many animals and eat their young when they sense something like this [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I truly think Darwin was on to something [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Union Shop?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, thank God [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

LPC - Probably so [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                  X