The new War of the Worlds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new War of the Worlds

I saw it on Saturday night and have a few questions for some of you guys.

I don't want to spoil it for those of you that have not seen it, but what was the deal with those vein looking things running everywhere? it seems like they had blood.
    The blood of all the humans those things were bleeding out?

The veins were growing, but what were they feeding? Some alien womb?
    They never showed it. That thing went over my head.

??
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Re: The new War of the Worlds

I think they were try to change the planet to be more like theirs... I'm guessing it was some type of vegatation.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I think they were try to change the planet to be more like theirs... I'm guessing it was some type of vegatation.

[/ QUOTE ] That's what I thought too. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

haven't read the book? Here's some info on the red weed
        Hail yesterday

Comment

The red weed...fuck that man..

gimme that shit..

I'll smoke that fucker!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

It makes sense, but I wished they would have explained it a little better.

The movie was two hours long, so I guess it was too much to cover. But even the end was, as it was on the original, kinda slaped in there.
            The end is what it is, once you think about it you go "allright!", but on 2005 you would expect a little more high-tech type on ending.

All in all a good "sort of scary" movie with cool effects.

P.S. I saw the movie on the 11:00 P.M. showing, by myself. I get home by 3:00 A.M. and takes me about an hour to cool down and fall asleep. Around 4:15 A.M. we loose power on the house and will not come back for the next 3 1/2 hours. Pitch black, and for those of you that saw the movie, remember the beginning with the EMP.
            Let me just say that my rear end was tight and waterproof.
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Working...
            X