Morally right, but legally screwed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morally right, but legally screwed.

Why do I get the feeling that just because I'm a minor means I can't be protected, or I have to pay to be protected in my own fucking home!

Ex-stepdad problems. That's right, Ex-stepdad; looks great doesn't it? Mom now wants the abusive little fucker back. He comes in starts fights with me, often physically, and gets away with it. Cops have come over a number of times, but nothing gets accomplished. They ask him to leave, and that's the end of it. In fact, he doesn't even have to leave. It's my mom's choice, either him or me. Great, so she stands up for me after we kick each other's asses.

So I move out to a friend's house. I'm not even sure that it's legal, but at least I can sleep at night without having to worry about fuck-head coming over and trying to kick my ass. Now there's yet another problem: Ex-finacee's new boyfriend. Long been archrivals, which is why I think she picked him up. Fucking asshole to me. One night he called and I told him to fuck off, and he called, call after call after call after call just to spite me. Cops called him and told him to fuck off. Great, now that's over. What's to stop him from coming over hear and starting shit with me? He did use to live here with us before he was evicted. What do I do? Call the cops? They send my ass home to getting kicked around there too, and maybe even lock me up for running away. Mom knows I'm here and agrees to it, but it just doesn't sound legal any way around it.

What do I do?! I can't get emancipated, don't have money. Can't get a restraining order, not 18 AND don't have money.

Any legal advice is beyond greatly appreciated.

[img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] I'm done now.

Re: Morally right, but legally screwed.

dude, have one of your friends video your ex-stepdad assaulting you. then fucking press charges. shit, if i smacked a minor, i'd be in jail.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

It doesn't make sense that if you're a minor, you'd not be protected. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I don't know anything about the law in Idaho or America even... but is there another family member you could stay with, and/or possibly even have as your legal guardian? As I mentioned in the belt buckle thread, I know a kid who had to get away from an abusive/deadbeat situation, and had to move in with a family we know. I THINK they are his legal guardians.

Good luck with that human trash... people can really be asshats to others, especially to defenseless kids. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude I will give you ALL my forbidden wisdom..

first let me read your post..

I can fix ALL problems...ther isn't a problem I can't handle.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill, this one is serious... hopefully with you, as a law enforcement officer, can offer some good sound advice for the young lad here... I'm quite curious about this situation as well because I've known people in this sort of situation myself. Hurry up and read/post, I want to go to sleep soon. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I think he's worried he'll have to go back to hell stepdad too. Dude, I feel for ya. This story kinda lost me at the ex-fiancee and I am not in position of giving true 'legal' advice. Common sense would tell me if you have your moms consent, you are ok, and as 7th son says...if an adult were to assult you and they have no place or purpose in being where you are other than to harrass or assult you, you have every right to protect yourself even as a minor...call the cops on him. Regardless of whether he used to live there..it sounds like he has no business being there or with you other than to create trouble.

Bit of advice tho.. try not telling an adult to f-off.

Comment

OK young bro..

you are really stuck between a rock and a hard place..

first the problen isn't with your step dickhead dad...it with your mom's poor judgement call...unfortunately there isn't much you can do about that [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]...even though she may love you...she's going to do what she wants to do...and if she wants that fag back in the house...that is where he'll be..wether you like it or not.

it is obvious that the two of you for whatever reason can't live under the same roof...

rightfully so...the law is there to protect you from abusive assholes like that...but in your case being almost 18...you are stuck betwen being a "boy" and an "adult"..so you are not really high on their priority list with the KIDS hotline...believe me , they got their hands full will very severe cases involving much younger victims..

but there is hope...you do have a right to defend yourself..it seems like you may have a documented violent history with the ol' man...so if you were to bash his brains out ..then so be it...

one or two things has to happen here...

either you must put the fear of GOD in him ...which doesn't sounds likely since you fear him...

or

you gotta go..it sucks ..but mom doesn't seem like much support here....find a safe haven.

as far as your ex bitch's new asshole...man fuck him in his ass...everytime that fag calls you...call the police...make a telephone harrassment report and contact the phone company..if you can't be the reporting person on that report...then your mom should help you there...it doesn't involve her peach of a man..so she shouldn't have a problem with that..

if he shows up at your door...call the cops..don't confront him IF he is likey to hurt you..

Now...if you can handle him...even with a baseball bat...beat the ever livin' shit outta him....make it "NOT FUN"..to fuck with you...either way..either put the fear of god in him...or inconvieniance him a little with the Po Po and the courts..

Have you ever tried calling the kids hotline and explain your plight...maybe you should have done that a long time ago..if things are that bad..

now...are you fuckin' up...being an asshole and stuff...to get your ass busted...or is he just a piece of drunken ..

maybe even counseling may work..or a mediator..thru the Juvenile court system may change his tune...they can mediate without prosecution....they do it all the time.

you're young...try to do the right thing and stay out of trouble...but if trouble comes a knockin...then you better get knockin'..

I am here for you...

BTW...as soon as you turn 18...if he touched a hair on your head...YOU (without mom) can report it to the police and they MUST make the report...Domestic Violence is a much more serious crime nowadays...so if he gets out of line...put in on paper...make it "not fun" to fuck with you either..

you know what man...show your mom this shit...I mean that...let her read what the fuck is going on...and that guys like me are aware of it.. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

My advice..Don't get your advice from a internet BB... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                And I went through the same thing..you can and will survive.
                Good luck.
                The Buzzard does not fear
                The man in riot gear
                Harvest a skull of stone
                The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Man I really hate to say this.... I agree with Bill... wheww... ok there I said it... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Seriously though, If you're still a minor, then you won't go to Jail if you defend yourself. Personally, I'd hit that motherfucker upside the head with something BIG if he's that much bigger than you. Remember, when people think you're crazy they leave you alone too... When that douchebag exgf's new bf calls, say some sick shit... like... I'll eat your face off fuck hole! or something similar...Let out your rage in words and it'll scare the bajeezus out of him! You get the idea?

Comment

Bill, even if the kid IS the one starting trouble, kids will be kids, and the abusive ADULTS should have the morality AS ADULTS not to pull the stupid bullpoo that they seem to be doing.

I'm not sticking up for bratty little kids, as I hate that kind of behaviour and I take discipline and authority very seriously, but you'd think that the adults would know better than to beat on a kid. It's not like he's going after the ex-stepdad with a rusty chainsaw while the ex-stepdad is sleeping or something.

The point is that don't give the bastards any more reason to wail on you than they already have. If they perceive you as a little brat, the least you could do is to eliminate any chance there is of them thinking that way of you.

Out of curiosity, what reasons did you mom give for wanting the abusive bastard back? How much history was there between them? Of course it doesn't make logical sense to us that she'd want someone back who beats her son. There's something else happening on her end that's clouding her better judgement.

Comment

yea, there's probably plenty of state funded services available that you could turn to for advice.

Comment

you know what man...seriously...fucking show your MOTHER this bullshit...seriously...let here see in PRINT how you feel about this situation...print this page out and give it to her..

tell her if you get hurt from this fucker...tell her "I" said she can be charged with..two things...Child endangering...and obstruction of official business...if she doesn't play ball..

Comment

I went through something similar eons ago... I was way way younger though.
                          No use understanding Mom, believe me... it's just messed up. Yes... she can totally be charged with endangerment and all sorts of shit. Definitely tell her how you feel as calmly and patiently as you can.

Take care of yourself, bro. Stay the hell away from that bastard. I agree with Bill on the dude who's harrassing you via phone, what a dork.

If Mom knows you're at your bud's house and it's cool- then stay there.
                          You'll get through this. Keep your nose clean... I know its hell.

Hugs,
                          Emmy

Comment

if you haven't called the Kids hotline...I strongly advise you to call if this matter is that severe...and GET NAMES of EVERYONE you talked to...get the names....get the names...and write them down!!!!

cover your ass....even if they don't do a goddamn thing...as long as it is documented...just in case he attacks you ...and you happen cause him physical harm...at least you tried to tell them...at least you have "something" to fall back on...at least your story will hold some water with some officials...

because if there is NO repoert...then there is NO crime.

cover your ass and leave a paper trail...and get names of ANYONE you talk to concerning this matter..

and Wulfe...I am probably the MOST honest dude on this board ..hell , the world for that matter [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]...even if you never agree with one lousy thing I ever said...It is MY truth..the way I see things...that is all..I hold no punches...why should I...why....answer me that...why.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

why.... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Without knowing all the details of his life, his mom might be a total nutcase, and showing her the contents of this topic may not do any good. Remember, she's ALLOWING the abusive turdscroll to stay in her home where her son is at risk of being assaulted. Doesn't sound like a mother who's right in the head to me.

Sounds like he's already tried reasoning with his mom, which forced him to seek help elsewhere and so he's now staying at his friend's house and sleeping on the couch.

Comment

Working...
                              X