First Gig Tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Gig Tonight!

John (jgcable)and I have our first gig tonight with our band Chase. We will be opening up for a local cover band. This is my first gig since 1999. We have 45 mins and will be doing covers by Sponge, AIC, The Cult, BOC, Fuel, Dokken, Ratt and a few others. Should be a blast. If I can get some pics, I'll post em so all could have a good chuckle! (at me, not John! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

I'm going to use my PC-1 and LPC for the most part. I'm not sure what John will bring, but it could be any few of the 4 million guitars he owns!

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Re: First Gig Tonight!

cool man, rock out with your cock out!
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Hit it hard, bruthas!!!! And definitely post pics!

Comment

Righteous!!!!!
        Y'all have a ball!! Knock 'em dead! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

you gotta dunk that shit...you gotta dunk that shit! fuck em' up bro. no prisoners...
          Hear the universe scream
          Bleeding from black holes
          Whom horns careless
          And whom God mourns

Comment

I hope you guys have great time. Post some pictures of both the band and the hotties in the audience [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I really miss playing live too and have thought about getting a cover band together just to get out and play live again. I think it would be a lot more fun this time around because I'm not looking for a record deal, compete with oter acts or make a living doing it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]It would just be for the sake of having fun and rockin out.
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

break a leg man [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

what's Ratt song(s) are you doing?

-Mike
              www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Good Luck Jim!

Yea, please post song list and some pics!!
                [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I hope you guys have great time. Post some pictures of both the band and the hotties in the audience [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I really miss playing live too and have thought about getting a cover band together just to get out and play live again. I think it would be a lot more fun this time around because I'm not looking for a record deal, compete with oter acts or make a living doing it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]It would just be for the sake of having fun and rockin out.

[/ QUOTE ]

shawn, lemme know if you wanna do this. i'm game if you're up for 2 guitars (plus backing and reluctant lead vox).

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

break some legs guys [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

45 minutes for your first show? My band has played over a dozen shows and we only have 25 minutes worth of material!! Granted it's all original.

Good luck guys, don't forget to spit blood into the audience!!

Comment

Thanks for al the kind words. Man did that feel great! We sounds great. There were a few rough edges that we need to work on, but We did real well. We have another in two weeks and again in three weeks. God did I miss this!

Here's the set we used.....

Just Got Lucky
                        Hemorrhage
                        Round and Round
                        Sex Type Thing
                        Plowed
                        Draw the Line
                        Don't Fear the Reaper
                        Man in the Box
                        Fire Woman
                        Photograph

I had a patch cord come out in the middle of Fire woman. took a minute or two to figure that one out!

I suggest that anyone that is contimplating getting into the gigging thing again to go for it. How could I have not done this for soooo long!

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

man, that's a great setlist!! glad to hear it went well!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

-Mike
                          www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

WOW!
                            Killer!
                            Now Jim, where are the pics?
                            [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] no pics, but I'll make sure to bring my camera and draft someone to take a some at our next show on the 22nd.

Toru, My single rect sounded better than I could have ever imagined. The guys we opened for had more rack gear than Queensryche on the Building Empires tour!!!! I was going to use their stuff, but with all that rack gear, no clean channel! I couldn't believe it! I just ran my Recto through his cab (peavey). John had his GT-6 so he had no pro running right into the other guitarists power amp. our sounds complimented each other really well although I couldn't hear John all that well.

Comment

Working...
                              X