Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some more inspirational songs. Running dry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some more inspirational songs. Running dry...

I just can't seem to find any more songs to give me some musical inspiration. I need stuff with melody. I want to write something truly orgasmic, but can't quite seem to lift it all the way off of the ground. I'm going for a Melodic Black Metal appeal, I want to hear a full orchestra in my head when I play this. I can come up with some decent riffs, but none seem original or new. It feels like no matter what I play somebody has done it already!

So far, these are what I've been jamming into my skull when I think about writing my next song:

"A Night on Bald Mountain"-Mussorgsky (Fantastic Philedelphia Orchestra)

"Final Fantasy 7, Clouds Theme Orchestrated"-Don't know what orchestra, but it rocks! Final Fantasy fan or not, this is well worth a listen.

Any of the other Final Fantasy songs orchestrated as well.

"Progencies of the Great Apocolypse"-Dimmu Borgir

"The Dream Within" Final Fantasy Spirits within theme song.

And the strangest one so far "Frozen" by Madonna. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me, but the melody of this song hits me just right.

"Russian Sailors Dance-from the Red Poppy"-Gliere (Fantastic Philedelphia Orchestra)

The Damnation and a Day record, mostly all of it, but specifically anything up to track 6 (Better to Reign in Hell)

"Kissing the Shadows"-Children of Bodom

Basically, a lot of classical music with symphony orchstras, lots of Black Metal, and some stuff with a girl singing clean vocals. In our band, a girl is the main vocalist, I do the dirty stuff in the background.

Any suggestions for songs? This list is pretty fuckin' sporatic, and maybe I'm just having some sort of a musical-mental breakdown. Maybe it would be easier to ask what you guys listen to for musical inspiration...

Re: Need some more inspirational songs. Running dry...

hmmm...I dunno man...I'm really diggin' a band called WINDS the guitarist is very good and the music is quite different..

Newer Therion seems to make me smile like a retarded girl with a lollipop.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Re: Need some more inspirational songs. Running dr

Alright, I'll check it out. Thanks man. I guess this is a good thing to have you stumped, it means what I'm trying to come up with is different. I t may also be a bad thing as it may be too different.

Thanks again!

Comment

that is why I like all genre of true metal...I never get bored that way...

if I fell like humping dragons...I got that..

If I want to sacrifice a goat ....I got that too..

I got music for fuckin , veggin' with my bong...road rage...I got metal for all occassions..

I just don't know what your'e looking for because the metal sea is a very vast one...and I don't know where to begin. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          that is why I like all genre of true metal...I never get bored that way...

if I fell like humping dragons...I got that..

If I want to sacrifice a goat ....I got that too..

I got music for fuckin , veggin' with my bong...road rage...I got metal for all occassions..

I just don't know what your'e looking for because the metal sea is a very vast one...and I don't know where to begin. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey,,are you still doing your list Bill? where did you get to with that? the last i seen was power metal ..i think [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          MOSH ON
          DAVE
          "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

yeah...I was right at the end of the power metal...and I just gave up...way too much work for way too little acknowledgment.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X