Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here ever ship to Germany?

Anyone here ever ship to Germany?

I just shipped my Fernandes to a guy in Koln, Germany. According to USPS regs the largest my box could be was a total of 79 inches for ground freight. The smallest I could get around here with a little bit of packing was 81 inches. The local post master said he thought it was close enough that they would most likely ship it on. How strict are they on the size restrictions?

Thanks
    Brian

Re: Anyone here ever ship to Germany?

They'll make it fit [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Insurance limit via USPS is $500 to Germany, BTW.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

He wanted USPS ground freight. Thats how I sent it. I personally would pay more for air freight.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        He wanted USPS ground freight. Thats how I sent it. I personally would pay more for air freight.

[/ QUOTE ]

That'll take months [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Ground freight?!

From Virginia to Germany? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Damn! Those UPS trucks never cease to amaze me! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Ground translates to "Surface". I.e. in a ship [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That guy was insane!! That guitar will be lost in the corner of some gigantic freighter... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

ive shipped a guitar to Norway before. I did UPS and got raped like $250 shipping on it. It only took like 4-5 days to get there though.... Thats the thing about UPS it makes it there quicker, but you pay for it.

Comment

I´ve had several guitars shipped to me with all kind of carriers.
                  FedEx was fastest, less than a week, UPS is good to, but I´m waiting for a USPS shipped one, over 5 weeks now [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] jeeez!!
                  Never had "problem" with USPS before though, only thing is they don´t have tracking for international shipments, so this time I don´t have a clue were it is.

Comment

Got my DK1 in 10 days from Georgia via USPS air

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      FedEx was fastest, less than a week, UPS is good to, but I´m waiting for a USPS shipped one, over 5 weeks now [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] jeeez!!
                      Never had "problem" with USPS before though, only thing is they don´t have tracking for international shipments, so this time I don´t have a clue were it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eeek. Hope yours turns up. I've usually had stuff here within a week from the States via USPS. Have you made any inquiries?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eeek. Hope yours turns up. I've usually had stuff here within a week from the States via USPS. Have you made any inquiries?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks
                        This is a JCF-member deal and we´re working on it.

Comment

Just got a note that it´s at my postoffice, so I´m gonna pick it up tomorrow.
                          Wonder how its condition is after five and a half weeks on the road..
                          However I´m glad it finally arrived.

Comment

Working...
                          X