Canadian Football?!?!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Football?!?!!??

I just came upon the Canadian Football League on TV LOL! Winnepeg v. Edmonton?

I kinda aways thought of Canadian Football in the same light as Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy but there it was (I know Flutie was there and..???)

So is the CFL canadians playin or just 90% NCAA players who cant cut it (can u say world league)??

Anyone know?
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Re: Canadian Football?!?!!??

Actually the CFL predates the NFL. Warren Moon, Doug Flutie, and a host of others have been in the CFL. I prefer the CFL anyday, its a faster game. There are some major differences between the 2 leagues, such as the CFL having only 3 downs. On average the CFL is made up of smaller guys, as they have to actually run..........

Comment

What he said. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Oh, I used to have the Joe Theisman rookie card from when he played for the Toronto Argos. Should have never sold it. Its not worth much but it freaks NFL fans out..........

Comment

Why should it freak anyone out? Lots of players played in the minor leagues before being called up to the big time. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]IF the CFL predates the NFL, that's well and good, but you don't see a CFL Europe growing out of the original, do you? It's who dominates that counts more than who's first.It IS kinda quaint to watch the Canadian version once in awhile though...
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Theres only nine teams and two of them have the same name. Gotta love it. Wasn't the case for a decade or so but now our team is back to being the Rough Riders, to go with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Or maybe its the other way around, can't ever remember [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Why should it freak anyone out? Lots of players played in the minor leagues before being called up to the big time. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]IF the CFL predates the NFL, that's well and good, but you don't see a CFL Europe growing out of the original, do you? It's who dominates that counts more than who's first.It IS kinda quaint to watch the Canadian version once in awhile though...

[/ QUOTE ]

So I guess by that reasoning, you're also saying that soccer is even better than American football, because it is WAY more popular on a worldwide basis. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Nah, that's different; they don't even know enough to call it soccer like civilized beings. They call it football, not realizing! A football's not ROUND, ya dummies! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] See Lerx, they'd tell you that you've got it all mixed up. A football is something that you kick. It's round. That funny shaped ball that gets carried around for 99% of the game is actually called a Rugby ball.

To be honest, their both stupid. It's not even a ball if it's not round. They should call it an egg or something.

Comment

Working...
                  X