DiMarzio Pickup Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiMarzio Pickup Question

I am looking for a DiMarzio pickup that sounds the closest to the Bill Lawrence XL500 pickup. Can anyone give me any ideas... X2N, Super Distortion, etc?.....(BTW, if this is in the wrong section, admins feel free to move it.)

Thanks,
    GMS
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Re: DiMarzio Pickup Question

should be in the tech section. It's all subjective to what you hear anyways,...probably the X2N. If you want to try one out, I have a spare SD and a X2N lying about you could drop in for test spin.

Comment

Both the Super D and X2N are awesome pups, but the X2N is higher output and I think would be a little closer to the Lawrence sound.
      I'd take Charvelguy up on his very cool offer to check them out. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Super 2, probably. I never really thought to compare anything from DiMarzio with the Lawrence designs. DiMarzio is all about picking and boosting a few frequencies to create a specific character, whereas Bill Lawrence designs usually work on the principle of opening up the spectrum to let your amp's tone controls do the work.

Bill even dumped the L465 from his product lineup because it too closely emulated the EQ curve of a PAF. Which is too bad, because it was a great series. I only managed to acquire one set before he axed it.
        please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Working...
        X