road trip playlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• road trip playlist

I'm going on a road trip for the holiday weekend with ~8 guys who are not metal fanatics like I am. I want to make a few CD's to show them what they're missing, list me some great songs along the lines of:

Ozzy
    Dokken
    Ratt
    Whitesnake
    VH
    DLR
    etc..

I have my own ideas but they're not necessarily what will be popular with other people, so what would you guys want to hear?

Re: road trip playlist

Black Sabbath with DIO
    Black Sabbath with Ozzy
    Judas Priest (Radio Hits)
    Metallica (Pre-And Justice)
    Scorpions - World Wide Live, Blackout, Love at First Sting
    Iron Maiden - Powerslave
    Hanoi Rocks
    Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil, Too fast for love
    Kiss - Creatures of the night or earlier
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I wouldn't browbeat them with entire discs.
      Give them samples of each one.

Priest - Before The Dawn, Heading Out To The Highway, Breakin The Law, and You've Got Another Thing Coming
      Maiden - DiAnno-era stuff like Strange World, Remember Tomorrow, Running Free, and Drifter, then Dickinson stuff like Flight Of Icarus, Die With Your Boots On, The Trooper, Still Life, and To Tame A Land (be sure to point out the historical/literary/movie-fandom aspects of each of those tracks, as well as the timely lyrics to Boots - this shows the band to be more than just bashers who have no thought beyond fucking and drinking)
      Sabbath - Children Of The Grave, Laguna Sunrise, Sweet Leaf, Lord Of This World, and the whole intro thing leading up to N.I.B. (Luke's Wall, Bassically, etc)
      Ozzy - Goodbye To Romance, Crazy Train, Miracle Man, Bark At The Moon
      VH - Just about anything from I and II, Beautiful Girls, Happy Trails, Pretty Woman, Sinner's Swing, Dirty Movies
      DLR - Almost anything from Eat Em And Smile, especially Yankee Rose and Elephant Gun
      Whitesnake - Still Of The Night. Is This Love if they're the sappy ballady type, but won't cry [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Dokken - Nothing, unless they're guitar fans. There was not one Dokken song worth listening to except for the solos. Don Dorken cannot sing hard rock. He doesn't have the balls.
      Motorhead - Ace Of Spades and Iron Fist
      Metallica - Anything before Black and after Kill Em All
      Megadeth - Foreclosure Of A Dream, Holy Wars, Dawn Patrol
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Some Accept, Dio and Alice Cooper would win them over.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Before I got Sirius I would pack the following.

Ozzy: Blizzard through Speak of the Devil
          Sabbath: Sold our Souls
          Maiden: Piece of Mind
          Crue: Too Fast and Shout
          Any of the following
          Ratt, Reverend Horton Heat, Anthrax, Hagfish, Tenderloin, Elvis Costello, The Derailers, Dwight Yoakum(sp). and what ever else would fit into the carrier. Now I have Sirius sattelite and listen to Buzz Saw, Octane, and Hair Nation. I have heard all artists listed above and even a large amount of the specific songs. If you all have not checked into Sirius you should.

Comment

Working...
          X