New CD features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CD features

This may actually begin to justify high cd prices if the trend catches on!! From Byzantine's website (BTW....these guys are incredible if you haven't heard them yet):

When the new Byzantine album drops on July 12th, many fans will be treated to a CD containing an enhanced feature never utilized before in heavy metal. This CD, …And They Shall Take Up Serpents (Prosthetic Records) will feature complete note-for-note guitar transcriptions, in both standard musical notation and guitar tablature notation, for aspiring guitarists to study from.
    For most heavy metal guitarists wanting to learn songs from their favorite artists, you have always had to rely on outside companies such as Cherry Lane to publish tab books which you would have to purchase independently from the CD’s, or wait until one of the leading guitar magazines manage to transcribe one or two of the songs. With …Serpents, all you have to do is buy the album, pop it into your compatible PC, download the software from the CD and you have the complete transcriptions. These transcriptions are guaranteed with 100% accuracy as they have been transcribed and notated by the guitarists themselves. As OJ states, "Tony spent over 4 weeks transcribing these songs to the utmost level of accuracy, while I put my 2 cents in overseeing minor details and quality control."
    The most spectacular aspect of these transcriptions are that they come complete with midi guitar files which not only play the songs back to you in midi format, they allow you to speed up or slow down the tempo of the song, repeat sections of the song for practice, and even erase sections and add your own ideas. "We always thought it would be awesome if "Rust in Peace", "Practice What You Preach" or "Seasons in The Abyss" came with tab books, so we decided to do just that with this album. It is our way of not only paying some of our fans back for their support but also giving a unique instructional guitar tool to aspiring heavy metal guitarists. Plus, we thought it would be a fun thing to do."
    Although some PC systems will not be able to utilize this enhanced feature, we assure most of you will be able to use this software efficiently and have a lot of fun with it as well. System requirements, troubleshooting notes as well as transcription notes by Tony Rohrbough are included within the album.

Re: New CD features

That sounds pretty cool.

Comment

That's awesome. I hope it catches on.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Lemme guess - another Death Metal cookie monster grunt/growl band?
        It's a neat idea, just wish someone more my style would do it - maybe Page will do that for the "Complete Zeppelin Collection" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Lemme guess - another Death Metal cookie monster grunt/growl band?
          It's a neat idea, just wish someone more my style would do it - maybe Page will do that for the "Complete Zeppelin Collection" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, those are the bands that usually have the guys that are so good, it's hard to figure out the guitar parts...

Zep stuff is slow enough to figure out if you try... hehe...

Comment

Yeah but why learn a technically astounding piece if you can't stand to hear it? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I sure hope the lyrics are included as well.

Grrrrrrrr.... wuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhh.... choeeeeeeeeeeeee...... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

You've not even heard the music and you're already judging it. Here's some "brutal death metal growls" for you guys. Feel free to insert your feet in your respective mouths. http://www.myspace.com/byzantine

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Yeah but why learn a technically astounding piece if you can't stand to hear it? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I don't care to learn a non-technically astounding piece, because I can't stand to hear it either... Weird huh?

Man, if I never hear another Zep tune again, it would be too soon... hehe...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    You've not even heard the music and you're already judging it. Here's some "brutal death metal growls" for you guys. Feel free to insert your feet in your respective mouths. http://www.myspace.com/byzantine

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not bad, Inearthed. Guitar sounded cool... cool riffs... the vocals that were actual singing fit right in. But, sorry dude, I have never, and never will, like that gurgling, "I am a demon" slop being spewed by front men/women who label themselves as the band's singer. So, I won't insert my foot in my mouth but I will bring it up and kiss my big toe. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<font color="yellow">*Disclaimer: The preceding transcript merely represents Mark's personal opinion and is not intended to hurt anyone's feelings when it comes to their band or their "singer".[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]</font>
                    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

LOL..man you guys are judgemental. I like this band b/c one (their local.......and not many bands from WV "make it"). Supposedly the playing on the new album is very intense and technical. Their guitar player teaches at my local music store..and he is a very accomplished guitar player.

Secondly, the lyrics are meaningful to me (not the I was an abused child...yadadad bitchy nu-metal lyrics) they trace thier roots to the Appalachian lore and deal with current issues as well as historical issues that deal with Appalachia.

Third. I just like the music.......a little something different.

Check out the lyrics to Hatfield: It speaks of heritage, coal mining (the predominant industry), unionization, absentee landowners, etc.

Very interesting stuff!

Help I've been detained
                      By these mountains that so poorly raised me
                      Burned out huffing gasoline
                      The redneck that I'm supposed to be
                      Fuck that I'm stronger than my history
                      The pride is instilled in me
                      In pesticide I hide
                      These West Virginia hills can't sedate me

Kill your family tree, this soil is diseased

My will is broken
                      The black lungs have swallowed me
                      Viva Villa! Long live the picket line in me
                      You want a war you've got one
                      You want a state with poverty
                      Remember 1882 because there is no excuse

Excuses are just tools of incompetence
                      Used to build monuments of nothingness
                      And those who specialized in the uses
                      Seldom achieve anything

Excuses are just tools of incompetence
                      Used to build monuments of nothingness
                      And those who specialized in the uses
                      Seldom achieve anything but excuses

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Not bad, Inearthed. Guitar sounded cool... cool riffs... the vocals that were actual singing fit right in. But, sorry dude, I have never, and never will, like that gurgling, "I am a demon" slop being spewed by front men/women who label themselves as the band's singer. So, I won't insert my foot in my mouth but I will bring it up and kiss my big toe. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<font color="yellow">*Disclaimer: The preceding transcript merely represents Mark's personal opinion and is not intended to hurt anyone's feelings when it comes to their band or their "singer".[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think that the vocalist is death metal? Honestly man, that sounded like the garden variety nu-metal / Phil Anselmo vocals. The purpose of my "Foot in mouth" post was because I flipped it on and laughed pretty hard at the vocals since I was expecting death metal vocals and people were all talking about death metal.

Comment

Working...
                        X