• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Arch Enemy Song!

http://maxf.net/~alexg/mp3/Arch_Enemy-Nemesis.mp3

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Wow. They topped Anthems... in crappity-crappiness. Those vocals sound terrible, lyrics cheesy as hell, solos are really uninspired.

Here is a band that actually gets worse album by album.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hrm... I thought the guitar / bass / drum work in the song were really good and the lead work was acceptable. But, but the vocals were pretty lame and the lyrics were terrible, especially on the chorus. I mean Arch Enemy has always kinda been a little cheesy chorus-wise, but this is kinda terrible.

Comment

Holy crap, this sounds like it could have been off the "Wages Of Sin" album. The chorus kinda reminds me of the chorus from "Heart Of Darkness" and "Savage Messiah". I like those cheesy melodic choruses... they're memorable and they've got a catchy hook, EXACTLY what I'm looking for in ANY song. Otherwise, it's just a wall of noise, or meaningless musical wanking. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

So is this the new stuff with Gus G, or was this recorded with Chris before his departure?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          So is this the new stuff with Gus G, or was this recorded with Chris before his departure?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris recorded his solos and then stepped down from his duties for the time being.

Comment

Well, it was good for AE. I like the beginning... but after that it's kinda bland for me.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I don't like Angela's voice. IT's still too processed.

Comment

I'm diggin this. Nice and hard... Very cool.

Comment

I agree this song sounded pretty uninspired to me...it's almost as if I feel this isn't arch enemy anymore...if you've heard black earth, burning bridges and stigmata...the craftmanship on those songs, particularly the ones from BB and Stigmata....I mean come oooon!!! It's like they've fallen off a cliff creatively!
                  Johan Liiva had a far more original voice which IMO suited the music much better...
                  Oh well :/ I'll still have the Liiva albums

Comment

yup, Hearse is an awesome band. a little generic..but fun as hell. Liiva rocks.

Comment

Wow...lots of hate here for Angela!

That sucks... Considering not many women are doing what she is doing! (as good as she does it anyway)

Comment

Yeah, it takes a lot of guts to continue doing this instead of admitting that you suck.

I lost count of how many shows they cancelled because of her "voice" problems. I saw them two times with Angela both times she sucked. She sounds decent on disc, but man it is so overprocessed that her live sound is nothing like it at all.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Wow...lots of hate here for Angela!

That sucks... Considering not many women are doing what she is doing! (as good as she does it anyway)

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Actually, the last time I've seen her live she easily outgrowled the other bands that were on the bill.. I just don't like that uh.... Watery sound over the vocals (does that make sense).

[ QUOTE ]
                          Yeah, it takes a lot of guts to continue doing this instead of admitting that you suck.

I lost count of how many shows they cancelled because of her "voice" problems. I saw them two times with Angela both times she sucked. She sounds decent on disc, but man it is so overprocessed that her live sound is nothing like it at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
                          She's cool. At least the folks here aren't into the whole childish "SHE'S SUCH A FUCKING UGLY BITCH!" or whatever. I've briefly spoken with her and she's a metalhead and very cool.

I hate being the rumor spreading gossip person but as I understand it their cancelled shows because of her 'voice' are due to internal problems in Arch Enemy. They just use it as an excuse. And this wasn't just something that I've heard from the internet, this is something that I was told in person by another two bands that have played lots of gigs / toured with them. I think it was related to the whole Chris leaving thing... Not sure though.

Comment

She sounds like a girl on the rag. She was good on Wages of Sin...haven't been impressed since.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              She's cool. At least the folks here aren't into the whole childish "SHE'S SUCH A FUCKING UGLY BITCH!" or whatever. I've briefly spoken with her and she's a metalhead and very cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I could care less about how she looks. I just think she is a bad vocalist, especially worse than Johan that Arch Enemy used to have behind the mike.

I think Chris leaving is awesome news. I hope he leaves Arch Enemy for good and goes on with Armageddon. That band kicks so much ass! Crossing the rubicon is better than anything Arch Enemy has ever done and embrace the mystery/Three are very kick-ass power metal albums. He is better off without all that Mike-Angela drama. His voice isn't half bad either.

I am not bashing Arch Enemy by this one sample. Although I loved Black Earth and Burning Bridges, I hated Wages of Sin and Anthems of Rebellion. I think they are on a downward spiral since the last three albums and Chris picked a great time to jump the ship.

Go Chris! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I am listening to the whole new album "Doomsday Machine".
                                I think it is pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X