meniere's disease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meniere's disease

i've been diagnosed with meniere's disease [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    it's an inner ear problem causing, vertigo attacks, nausea, severe tinnitus, fluctuating hearing, pressure in the ear when none is present. leading to constant fatigue, confusion and memory loss, migraines, depression. chances are i will end up deaf in the affected ear with a 20-25% chance of it affecting the other ear. there is currently no cure, at best they can manage symptoms.
    Les Paul and VanGogh had meniere's i guess that's a bonus, LOL
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Re: meniere\'s disease

Damn, sorry to hear (no pun intended). LOL Maybe that's why VanGogh cut off his ear, huh? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Seriously, good luck. Hope everything goes well and you can keep it under control.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Buzz: I know about Meniers Disease, my mother had it. She acquired it in her early 70's. It is not plesant sorry to say. Often I would have to go and get my mother from various bathrooms in restaurants because she would become very dizzy and would need assistance.

What you say about it sums it all up.

I will try and remember what helped.

What happened to you that you have been diagnosed with it?

Comment

I worked with a guy that had that disease. He said a low sodium diet helps. He also took some pills for it. Hope they find a cure for you soon!
        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

I'm very sorry to read this. I did not know Les Paul had this, that man just gets my respect all the more. I recall reading Van Gogh having this but it never dawned on me that outside of the prositute gift, it may have been another reason he cut off a part of his ear.

Hopefully its effects won't be too severe.

Comment

thanks guys. low sodium can help in some cases. I've also read staying away from caffeine, also seems to be slight evidence pointing to reducing carbs. i have to go for some other tests and imaging just yet. from what i've been reading they don't know the exact cause of it. evidence points to possible lymph contamination in the labyrinth of the inner ear.
            VanGogh drank absinthe like it was water i hear. "The experts" think he may have been having an attack while drunk? It's speculation at best.
            Rock, I had a very severe attack thursday that left me vomiting on the floor and i've spent the past 3 days recovering. I've been dealing with the symptoms to varying degrees the past couple years, drop attacks, migraines, fatigue, pretty much a constant state of nausea and mild headache. recently they've gotten bad enough to keep me out of work. thursday was the last straw i gave in to my wifes urging and went to the doctor.
            it's difficult to deal with cause i used to be a tough son of a bitch. now i'm just a bitch [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

good luck with it.. sorry to hear it
              "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Working...
              X