Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opeth song available for download..

http://www.firecoker.com/music/Opeth%20-...20Sirius%29.mp3

quality is a little low..as it was recorded off a Sirius radio radio station. Its the "grand conjuration" So far I'm pretty sure its about somebody doing an incantation and raising the devil...it sounds pretty damn evil, especially the Hammond organ. And the guitar solo slays.

Re: Opeth song available for download..

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Wow, this is uh... Different.

Comment

Wow... Opeth meets Bloodbath meets Carcass meets My Dying Bride...

Damn... it's been at least a few albums since Opeth has done anything I consider memorable. I REALLY like this.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Wow, nice. I'm really getting into Opeth lately and this makes me want the new album even more. Thanks!

Comment

very nice song, a little long and the quality sUCKS, but a cool song nevertheless
            You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Dark, progresive... I like it!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                very nice song, a little long and the quality sUCKS, but a cool song nevertheless

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, its about normal for Opeth. Youre not familiar witht hem huh. 10 minutes is the average length for them.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, its about normal for Opeth. Youre not familiar witht hem huh. 10 minutes is the average length for them.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  now that you mention it.. yea, all the songs i heard from them are over the 7 minute mark.. and no, not too familiar with them
                  You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

KILLER! A new Opeth CD coming out in Aug/Sept! YES!!! They're playing here on July 17th! WOO HOO!!!

If you wanna see some amazing live playing, watch Lamentations, Opeth's DVD. There's some good "behind the scenes" footage on it, too. The guys in the band are really down-to-earth. Great band.

Thanks for the new tune drip!!

Comment

no problemo.

I'd be weary of the SOTU tour. Opeth only gets 30 minutes. Three songs, that you've probably seen them perform live already.

Comment

Dammit. I guess I am going to be all alone on this one. I feel like a dick but I gotta say this...

I thought the song was waaay bad (and in the bad way, not the bad means good way).
                        The reasons why it blows
                        - Dwells on riffs longer than Dawn does but without the ability to hold interest
                        - Boring psuedo-technical psuedo-Meshuggah wanna-be-current Dream Theater riffing
                        - Terrible singing on Mikael's part
                        - Generic death metal sections
                        - The songs from Damnation / Deliverence were more exciting

The reasons why its good
                        - Keyboards / synths are excellent
                        - Lots of feeling in the song

I honestly expected something completely different (and I expected it to be not very good) but this somehow was not what I expected at all.

Comment

I am guess I am gonna be alone on THIS one.

I honestly think this is the best shit they have ever done and I was a huge fan since long ago. Mind-blowing stuff, I can't wait for the whole album. Also I didn't hear about any guests, so if that solo is not guest the boys have been working on their chops!

Comment

Actually, now when I thought about it I do have a suspect about the solo. I will check with him before dropping the bomb though. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok, I was suspecting James Murphy because he recorded the Opeth guys for the Death tribute right when they were recording this album and he does a lot of guest solos so for some reason I assumed he did this one too. Turns out he didn't. Oh well...

I still don't think it is Mike or Peter though if they didn't turn to shredders overnight that is.

Comment

Working...
                              X