Mitsubishi Spyder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitsubishi Spyder

Anyone own one of these? I'm looking at a 2002 GT (6 cyl)
    Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder convertible w/5 speed manual. Any good/bad ratings from JCF members?
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Re: Mitsubishi Spyder

Is this so you can the Yankees out of town really quick? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

My brother-in law has the four banger version. Chick car in my opinion, but you can give em some balls.

Comment

I thought they were planning to get out of the car business all together...............

Comment

I like em esp. the convertible. Not sure on the overall rating I think they aren't as good as Toyota and Honda

Comment

Mitsubishi makes nice forklifts.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Mitsubishi make great cars, there are alot of companies that use their engines. Chrysler, Hyundai and others have used Mitsu power plants. Also of historical signifigance(sp) I beleive they built Zeros during WWII. The spyder is nice and a six cylinder would probably be the way to go.

Comment

Stay away from the automatic versions....the trannies do not last. God only knows how many of those I have replaced.-Lou
                " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Thanks for the input. I have to wait until tomorrow to decide, Honda, Toyota would be the way to go, and I really enjoyed the Camry's ride, but my son's call it an 'Old Man's car. I don't think so, but they're hounding me. I'm really looking for a convertible, which is why I kinda narrowed it down to the Spyder. I own a Sebring convertible, so I don't want the same thing. Besides, it's my wifes. Solara's are too expensive, though I wish I could find one. That would make a Toyota/convertible....great combo. I've always liked Ford's, just not the Mustang, so that's out. I'll see what happens tomorrow. Thanks again

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Is this so you can the Yankees out of town really quick?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Kicking a man when he's down huh? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I think its a chick car too.
                      By a used WRX

Comment

Mitsubishi is in big time trouble. Plus, many of their motors are prone to crank walk. Not good. They have and do make some pretty great machines, I would love an EVO, a Galant VR-4 or a 3000GT VR-4, but they are all problematic.

You said you don't want it, but you should consider it...get a Mustang man. I bleed Ford Blue and there is no better bang for the buck hotrod than a Mustang. I should know, I have owned 6.

Mike
                        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          there is no better bang for the buck hotrod than a Mustang.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't do it Mike. I've had T-Birds and loved them. I just can't do the Mustangs. Don't know what it is.

This Mitsubishi has a lot of miles on it too. It's on Ebay, but if I do it, I'll wait for it to go off line, then deal with the guy. I've already talked to him. Seems pretty straight up. Car has a lot of mileage for 2002, but if a Mitsubishi can run for 200-250k, or more then it would be worth it. Here is the car and I wouldn't be paying the BIN price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6352

Comment

Working...
                          X