Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rifle Ranges In YOUR Backyard................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rifle Ranges In YOUR Backyard................

[ QUOTE ]
    Seriously, its his property and he is free to do what he wants with it and I will/would support it if in fact the noise wouldnt be unbearable though I still wouldnt take my daughter and family for a bike ride past the range while it was in use.

[/ QUOTE ] Which end of the range would you be walking on [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]. I sure wouldn't walk across the back side [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] , but the front wouldn't be a big deal. Anymore, those places are built in a way to specifically avoid what you're worried about and I'm sure there are all kinds of regulations and codes he would have to adhere to. The only complaint I *may* have about one would be the noise, but I still think that is being over exagerated. Would I fight one going into my neighborhood? No.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      An indoor range in my neighborhood would be the best thing ever. An outdoor one here in Mountain View would never happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoah.... Mountain View? That's where I am. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Sunnyvale Rod & Gun isn't too far away. It's pretty nice too, I've been thinking of getting my membership there.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

What's wrong with shooting guns in an indoor bunker-type thing?

I live next door to a cop who also acts as a gunsmith (repairs mostly), and him and his cop buddies get out in his backyard and blast away. Gunfire annoys me, especially when it's right outside. Continous all-day/all-weekend gunfire annoys me even more.

I live in a rural area on 18 acres but he's close enough to be seen, so he's definitely close enough to be heard.

Then there's the guy a couple of miles away who blasts his AK on the 4th and New Year's Eve. I like the sound of fireworks - especially those God-like "bu-KAAOOOWWW" eplosions that shake the ground, but I don't trust rednecks with assault rifles. Here in TN, we got us some rednecks.
        Not everyone's a responsible shooter, and it's a bit too late to pick them out of the crowd when they've blasted their girlfriend or someone's kid accidentally near an open-air range.

Just like boozing, stripping, and fucking, shooting should be done in a controlled-access enclosed facility, not out in "public". Hunting, yeah that's fine. Recreational repetitious target practice, no.

Lou - I'd really like to have a link to a news article about that bill, as we're sitting on some very nice property which will soon become desireable if TN gets I-69.
        I know the US Guvmint has Imminent Domain where they can claim your land for their use, but was not aware Wal-Mart can. There might be open-air gunfire out here after all [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          What's wrong with shooting guns in an indoor bunker-type thing? [ QUOTE ]

Totally agree. If this guy wants to build an indoor range, he has my vote and I'll support him 100%. I do not see the need for high powered assault rifles being discharged from the hours of 9-4 like he wants to do.

Our neighborhood voted it down and that should be the only thing that matters. Let the people decide. We voted those appeals people in and we can vote them out as well.

[ QUOTE ]
          Gunfire annoys me, especially when it's right outside. Continous all-day/all-weekend gunfire annoys me even more.[ QUOTE ]

Exactly, the more I think about it, the more safety isnt my biggest concern. I still wouldnt walk my family past it and I wouldnt walk past it either. I can bet money the supporters of this would not want this in their backyard because of the noise. I also bet if it was to knock their property value down they wouldnt want it either.

If I was to sell, had potential buyers come here with children and they heard that racket, its a done deal, no sale. On the other hand, I imagine someone would buy it because of the range but I bet this person wouldnt want ot hear that all day long. No wants to here rapid fire high powered rifles all day long.

This gentleman owns 6 acres in a rural setting in the northern part of our county. Why wont he put it there?

[ QUOTE ]
          Lou - I'd really like to have a link to a news article about that bill, as we're sitting on some very nice property which will soon become desireable if TN gets I-69.
          I know the US Guvmint has Imminent Domain where they can claim your land for their use, but was not aware Wal-Mart can. There might be open-air gunfire out here after all [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My brother and I talked about this today, its a done deal baby. They want your land, they got it. They also dont have to offer you market value either from what I have been told.

Comment

High-Powered Assault Rifles is an oxymoron. Assault rifles by their very definition are NOT high powered.

I'd explain further but, perhaps you devil worship to too much Satan music [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a new law, but a Supreme Court decision that expands the definition of eminent domain. A city in Connecticut was trying to use eminent domain to justify razing houses for a private office / hotel complex, saying it would expand the tax base. (In the past, the only time eminent domain applied to non-public development was to remove "blight.")

Probably the scariest thing to come out of SCOTUS in recent memory. I don't understand how they could get this so obviously and completely wrong.

Here's an article on CNN.

Here's the actual ruling, in PDF.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                High-Powered Assault Rifles is an oxymoron. Assault rifles by their very definition are NOT high powered.

I'd explain further but, perhaps you devil worship to too much Satan music [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I don't understand how they could get this so obviously and completely wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do, welcome to political football DC-style. The Court doesn't want to be seen as the heavy responsible for eroding potential local tax bases of cash-strapped states & municipalities so they effectively punted this problem back to Congress. It's now up to anyone who owns (or hopes to own) property and would like to retain it free of government interference to demand that Congress fix this egregious problem.
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here you go.... http://money.cnn.com/2005/06/23/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes
                    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                      X