• Stabbing at COC concert..

Found at KNAC.Com
    [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

COC Concert Ends in Stabbings

By Newsferatu, Writer
    Friday, June 24, 2005 @ 8:30 AM

Tampa Police on the Hunt for Suspect

As reported by the Tampa Tribune:

Four people were stabbed — one of them fatally — during a brawl Thursday night (June 23) inside The Masquerade, a night club on Seventh Avenue [where CORROSION OF CONFORMITY and CROWBAR were performing], police said.

Tampa Police spokesman Joe Durkin said a "shoving match" started between two women on the club's dance floor just before 11:30 p.m. The tussle escalated when others tried to break the women apart. That's when a bald man with a knife began stabbing patrons, Durkin said.

Then people fled the club, Durkin said, the suspect included.

Of the surviving victims, one was in critical condition at the hospital this morning, one was in fair condition and one was treated for minor injuries and released, according to police.

Durkin would not release the name of the deceased until next of kin is notified.

Police detained at least three people and hauled them from the club in handcuffs this morning, but Durkin said police were still looking for the suspect. He's described as white, about 28 to 30 years old, 5 feet 8 inches tall, 150 pounds, with tattoos.
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Re: Stabbing at COC concert..

gee that's right in my backyard. glad i didn't go.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The description should narrow down the list of suspects.

Behaviour like this is ridiculous and is only going to give the bands a bad rap with future promoters. What a douch bag. I hope they find him and lock him up for a good long time.
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Sucks now when you have to be cautious (or even afraid) to go see your favorite bands nowadays! It didn't (or won't) stop at Dime....it seems to be on the rise lately!

What the fuck is wrong with people these days man?!

(Speaking of deadly assaults at shows in general)

Comment

that show was in Ybor city which has been having a lot of problems lately. i tend to stay away from there because there a bunch of assholes all over the place.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

See what metal leads to folks.....I'm goin country from now on.
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

This would have never happened at a Barry Manilow concert!

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                This would have never happened at a Barry Manilow concert!

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet if you woke the audience up, there might be a chance. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

(I shouldn't say that. I am a Barry fan) Shhhhh!
                Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

You're right. But there would be mass suicides.
                  Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

With that description of the assailant they should have no problem finding him.

Comment

Umm... honestly that description sounds like about 30% of my audience...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Or even the band!I seen alot of moshpits get ugly.Cant take it,stay out of the pit...I should know,ive been knocked out twice... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Comment

There's a difference between moshing and stabbing [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I've been stabbed at one of my shows. It sucked. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah really, I was just going to say...what the hell was Bill doing in Florida...taking a break from his computer woes? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X