Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help!

time to do some writing on the keyboards.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

time to do some writing on the keyboards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, using the fingertips [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

If you're using "community" PC keyboards (everyone and their runny-nosed brats touching them) then you've probably got something they picked up, or a combination of virii.
      Allergists, like most Doctors, usually only look for what they are familiar with, and many times ignore something new (to them) and often times denounce rare things as impossible, even though you bring them the evidence that it exists.

I'd avoid crazy glue and steroid creams period.

Lay off the booze, and drink plenty of water. Get some sort of winter gloves (100% cotton lining or other natural material) that will allow moisture to build up and rehydrate the tips of your fingers. Don't use rubber gloves as the powder and latex might aggravate the situation.

Also eat as much fresh fruit as you can (avoid those lemons and other citric fruits unless you eat them with a spoon or fork! You don't wanna get citric acid in an open wound! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

And lay off the guitar and computer. Get a new keyboard or clean the old one thoroughly with a proven disinfectant (unplug it first, twit [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]), and the mouse, light switches, doorknobs, pot handles, toilet, etc etc etc around the house.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Suddenly that disgusting picture I posted a little while ago of the "guitar fingers" now seems like a reality. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for all your comments and ideas guys.

The strange thing is that the problem is on both hands, and is equally bad on each, so I figure playing guitar doesn't exacerbate it significantly - however I've considered going down a gauge of string (but I already use 9's so I haven't got much to play with there!).

I've started wearing cotton gloves on my left hand (as a control to see if it helps) but I can't leave the house like that for fear that someone will think I'm Michel Jackson [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I drink loads of water and eat a couple of apples a day, but I'll up my consuption of both to see if that helps. I'm trying to move away from superglue etc, so I'm going to try to make do with the moisturiser and use the rubber 'bank clerk' thimbles when I play guitar (not ideal as they end up spanning more than one string!)

Cheers
          Ian
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Try bandaids on your fingers. That looks better in public, people won't be looking at you like Michael Jackson or a serial killer.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Suddenly that disgusting picture I posted a little while ago of the "guitar fingers" now seems like a reality. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That photo freaked me out and still does when I think of it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X