My big wheel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My big wheel...

We all had 'em as kids.. The Big Wheel was the mode of transportation for the post-toddler. Well, I am glad to say this is mine! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

<center></center>

It's got a HEMI. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Occupy JCF

Re: My big wheel...

That's freakin sweet!!!!

Comment

Actually... It's not mine. I found this picture in the newspaper.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

That is kick ass. The shit people will build.

At home I have links to all kinds of crazy contraptions...being a car nut.

This ranks up with the "Gixxer Kart", which was a Go-Kart with a GSXR 1100 motor (you want to talk about power to weight ratios?!!!) that some crazy German dudes built. I have some video footage of them playing with it at the Nurburgring...it is pretty insane. I also have some video footage of a Go Cart with various forms of home brewed rocket propulsion...I think one has a hydrogen based rocket out back. All built by crazy Europeans.

The Hemi Big Wheel is definitely an American creation!!

Mike
        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

You would think that thing is so back heavy and over=powered it would just flip over backwards the moment you opened it up...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            You would think that thing is so back heavy and over=powered it would just flip over backwards the moment you opened it up...

[/ QUOTE ]

Youre right! But I like it!

Comment

Damn you Todd... you had to bring up the friggin Big Wheel.
              I was 13 when the Big Wheel came out which prevented me from ever enjoying the most kick ass 3 wheeled ride a kid could ever have. I did have a friend who had an Apollo 5 speed Mach 1 with a banana seat, super tall sissy bar with a license plate on the back and a pad on the front, front springer shock with the small wheel in the front and the redline slick on the back. It had that cool shifter on the front tube too.
              I rode a beat home made chopper that I created from garbage bikes I got from the dump. I chopped the forks off a Schwinn and put them on my bike extending it out like a chopper with a 12" tire in the front and a 20 on the back. It had an red metalflake banana seat and a 3' high sissy bar. I felt like Easy Rider when I was on it. I sure did want a big wheel although at 13 I would never have mentioned it to anybody.

Comment

Man, that's pretty cool...but what's gonna happen when the front tire get those big holes in it and it goes bubump, bubump, bubump, bubump, bubump, bubump, bubump, bubump, bubump, bubump, bubump, bubump down the road? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Just think if that sucker had a power brake on it!!
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Now, why not just make an adult-sized one that you can pedal? Yeah the motor's neat and all, but if you gotta have a crash helmet and a seat belt, it's kinda retarded.

Someone oughta build one like the originals, just bigger.
                    And a Green Machine too.

Leave off the noisy gas-guzzler and the safety devices so idiots can learn how to be responsible all over again [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Oh brother. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] I can see the squirrel spinning around in Newc's head right now. And the power tools are smokin' away already. We'll soon see an adult-sized, Halford-ized, pedal-powered Big Wheel monstrosity. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I always wanted one of Gallagher's Big Wheels......I like this one much better. I could just picture my fat butt on this wearing nothing but a great big diaper and a bonnet.-Lou
                        " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Sadly, I can't relate. I am of the pre-Big Wheel generation. We had these similar things called tricycles for the age before bicycles. I also had a 4-wheel pedal car once! That was pretty cool but the steel body was pretty heavy; took awhile to get it up to speed!
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X