Got pulled over....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got pulled over....

Ok, check out how good I did this one.....I'm kicking my own ass now... So, I'm driving back through the local state park beach from surfing this morning, and the dep stops me, tells me my tag is out of date.... Well, the vehicle I was driving was my recently aquired 89' jeep wrangler, which had not been registered yet......shit. wrong tag, no registration. He got me.... good. Now I have to go to traffic court, which I've never been to. Anyone want to tell me about traffic court(what to expect?) I'm such a dumbass...... [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]

Re: Got pulled over....

not sure about where you are but I got a ticket for expired registration here in Texas. I got the registraion taken care of before my court date and the judge dismissed my ticket.

Comment

Odds are that the cop won't even bother to show up to traffic court--it's a big hassle for them, and most motorists just pay the fine and don't contest. I would, if I were you, especially if you've gotten the vehicle registered by then, and have proof that you had just purchased it when you were pulled over. Technically, you might be in the wrong, but the judge might be willing to reduce, or even forgo, the penalty.

Comment

damn, I really don't have the money for this,......I was just gunna increase my guitar collection......... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I would go to traffic court no matter what. Your case is kinda cut and dry, but if it was something like a speeding ticket, go! You never know... The cop may not show up and you'll get out of it. I got out of two tickets a few years back that way.

Comment

Yeah....I would go and just bring proof that you just bought it.
            The cop will most likely not even show up, and the judge will throw it out. Don't sweat it too hard man.

Comment

this is a walk in the park dude, i had to pay $6200.00 to get my license back. let's just say i had a few speeding tickets and leave it at that point.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                this is a walk in the park dude, i had to pay $6200.00 to get my license back. let's just say i had a few speeding tickets and leave it at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that is where my friend is at right now... I think he still owes something like 4500 in tickets he was in court yesterday but his lawyer didn't show up
                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Just get it all taken care of, and then show up at court. I've been pulled over for this before, and I showed all the paperwork to the cop before the trial and he dropped it. Most cops just want to see that you got it taken care of.

Comment

Cops here love to go to court. It's a plus 4 for them... We got cops that make a point of giving court tickets. They work second shift, so they are in court at 9am, they get a plus 4, at 1:30pm, they get another plus 4, and then do their normal shift at 3pm. It's like working double shifts for OT and that is how they make their dough. Some are pushing around 90k a year doing it...

Comment

Working...
                    X