Buying Insurance with purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Insurance with purchases

I bought a EVH MXR phase 90 about 3 months ago.Yesterday i was hooking it up and it went out for good.I hadly ever used so it was still brand new.I looked for my receipt but couldnt find it so i called gtr center.Come to find out i had bought insurance when i bought the pedal.I didnt even know i did because 50% of the time i dont unless its something really expensive.So im getting a new one.Insurance is paying for shipping/everything.But it paid off and i think i may be paying the extra few dollars from now on.
    "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Re: Buying Insurance with purchases

I bought a Roomba (Robot Vacuum) and it rules, but the battery wouldn't take a charge after 9 mos. I bought the three year thing from sharper image and swapped it out, but you have to buy a new warranty when you get the new one. That is lame, make sure your replacement gets the rest of the warrany.

I have mixed feelings about the warranty. Years ago mfgrs tried to get 'lifetime warranties on everything, now penny pinchers are trying to lower the costs with cheap materials and 90 day warrantys, then upgrading you to a three or five year for 20% extra and hoping you lose the receipt or forget.

I will say the roomba rules and was expensive, but worth it, so I guess I should keep buying warranties since the batteries die all the time. Two of my coworkers have them and one has had to replace his because of charging issues twice.

I also have the EVH Phase 90. Great pedal.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
    X