Admin Help... NOTP Login Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Admin Help... NOTP Login Problem

Although it is my fault [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ron...eh, shaddup [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Thanks again everyone. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Almost had me registering for an account on Charvel Central today. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

great to see ya back..very funny post...lol
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          ...sure he does! he checked the "yes" box! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh RAD!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            ...sure he does! he checked the "yes" box! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was the ban box?
            Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I'm kinda curious why he'd PM you first and not one of us.

[/ QUOTE ]
              Well, if he was able to log into the board and able to access a portion of it..I would kinda wonder it if was a board issue as well. If there is not indication that there is a problem with everyone else..that would still be my first thought because I'm able to log on maybe they can log on and see the same thing, but obviously something here isn't right if all these people are on and I don't have access.. what is the deal, maybe none of us have full access. I had the same thing happen to me when I had a flag for a duplicate acct.
              I also had somewhat thought my email would be enough and get answered.. but it didn't happen that way.

Why, is there a crime in a free country in Pm'ing someone else and not an admin? [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] Certainly no harm in asking, if someone is wondering, just as you are now.

Comment

No crime at all, but say hypothetically, someone PM'd you saying they can't access the JCF. Please tell me, what can you possibly do for them other than PM or e-mail an admin. (or start a thread - but we prefer to be PMd to ensure that one admin at a time is working on an issue and not undoing what one has done - or just plain say "sucks to be you!") If that person PM'd you then they could just as easily PM an Admin themselves. So hypothetically speaking, what's the sense in getting you involved if you really can't do squat to solve the problem??? Sooner or later someone has to PM an Admin.

Overall, my question was posted to promote using the correct channels to get something done. If anyone can access inside the forum and PM people, but not see the forum itself, then PM an Admin. We'll get to you as soon as we can. Trust me, if you're banned, it will let you know. If you see the menu at the top, start clicking, if you can access the "My Home" section, then you can PM people.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

right, so if you're banned, you would not be able to log on, access denied. If you are suspended, is it the same?
                  Is there different levels of suspension like there is hell?
                  If I am suspended, but only so I can log on and have no clue as to another other problem, I naturally am going to seek out an admin..seems the problem with that is some admins are not showing as online in the 'members online' section.
                  So now I have limited access. I cannot conduct a search.
                  I cannot find an admin online that I would want to get in touch with about the problem. I have access to the user list, but it is much easier to pm someone that I have listed as a friend who is online or someone I know and ask them, "are you having problems?"

My thought was to email or pm an admin, problem was I couldn't find an admin to private message. If I have to go thru the user list, it is a search process.

I agree, to pm an admin would be a logical thing, but you see things from the other side of the board with full access.. it's a little different when you are limited and always had no problems before a day ago and then something like a temp suspension or being limited in forum access has you wondering with no clue as to what is going on.

My pm to an admin was addressed and gotten back to in a timely manner, thank you. My email was seemingly ignored, but likely because you are either goping to wait for contact to you (ie; If someone has a problem, they'll contact us) or were already addressing a PM. Since it says 'Contact Us' on the bottom, I thought that would be an option, so I used that first and then pm'd hours later when that got no reply. In the mean time.. I contacted other members to see what their status was and even went into chat, but nobody was home.

Comment

if you are suspended you will see exactly what you see at the top of this thread .. everything but the forums ..
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

No. Suspension lets you log on, but you are not allowed to see the forum. You can still PM people.

[ QUOTE ]
                      but you see things from teh otehr side of the board with full access..

[/ QUOTE ]
                      We have profiles that we use to test the board with.

[ QUOTE ]
                      My pm to an admin was addressed and gotten back to in a timely manner, my email was seemingly ignored, but likely because you are eitehr wating for PM or were addressing a PM. Since it says 'Contact Us' on the bottom, I thought that would be an option, so I used that first.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the topic of the "contact us" e-mail is brought up, we always say it's better to contact us directly. The e-mail in question is hardly monitored and so riddled with spam it's probably best we start to consider removing it.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Ok, well that answers the difference between a ban and a suspension. Thankfully I have not been banned or I'd be really wondering what the..
                        Don't mean to put you in the hot seat if you perceive it that way, but just wondering, is the policy to banning a member one of you 'always' (or more often than not) get a warning first? or does it depend upon the circumstances?

Comment

depends on the circumstance ..in some instances it's a on the spot judgement call.. for instance in the term of service is states junior members are not allowed to use the classifieds or sell something.. inevidebly we always have someone sign up and their first post is a sale in a non conforming forum ...

Usualy these people get banned on the spot.. if your dumb enough to ignore the rules when you signup ..and you break it on your first post.. you don't belong here..

Generally people who get banned do so because there have been past issues.. sometimes it is on the spot.. generally once banned we wont take the time to let the party know because they get abusive...so once banned we just move on ..

Generally we try to be a fair as possible but in the end it becomes a judgement call.. We don't like to be the heavy but sometimes it can't be avoided .. Sometimes we have longstanding members who feel they are slightly above the rules due to their tenur here.. those hurt the most because in the end they are handled like any other member abusing the rules ..
                          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X