My Motorcyle is F'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Motorcyle is F'd

I figured I'd take the Vmax out today. Started right up but stalled out when I turned the choke off. FUCK. Started it up and let it run for a long time on the choke. Same thing. I do the obvious. Drain as much of the old gas as I can. Refill the tank with fresh gas. Same thing. Now what? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] It runs fine once you get it revved out, but it refuses to idle. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I'll put new plugs in tomorrow, but that is just a shot in the dark. My best guess is that the carbs need to be douched out. Mo' money, mo' money. It never ends in life. I am disgusted. I felt like lighting it on fire.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Re: My Motorcyle is F\'d

don't know that much about mechanic on my bike yet. I have a 2000 V-Star 650 Custom, and i'm parto of the Nativos Santo Domingo bike group.

check us out at groups.msn.com/nativossantodomingo

Comment

It sounds like you're on the right track with the carbs. Good luck. I just bought a 2005 Honda VTX 1300C and can't wait to go flying off this one. lol.
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Ive never had this proble m with my Vespa! Just kidding.

Comment

I keep getting the wrong parts atthe shop for My Kx500, Pissing me off. all the mechanical work is done(new motor and stuff), But I'm trying to order graphics and plastic and it's all fucked up
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Does your vmax have an idle adjustment screw? Try turning it up. If that doesnt work, your idle jets on the carbs may need cleaning. Try running some carb scleaner thru it with the new gas. Also, if you ran the bike fro more than a few minutes w/ the choke on, youre gonna have to clean the plugs, as they're probably fouled.
            Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

If it bogs down at idle it can be a couple things. The carbs may just need cleaning, or perhaps you have some serious carbon build up. My bet is that it needs a serious carb cleaning. Here is my baby, in need of a new rear tire and a major service, but otherwise pretty trouble free so far.

"Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Never had that problem with my Harley, sorry bro, couldn't resist... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

No, just a whole slew of other problems, but never that problem.
                  Neither could I, bro! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Scott, save the plug money. It's the plugged idle circut in your carbs.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    No, just a whole slew of other problems, but never that problem.
                    Neither could I, bro! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Scott, save the plug money. It's the plugged idle circut in your carbs.

[/ QUOTE ] Pat, as a former Harley owner I must say, I never had this problem with my Superglide either. But..............it was back to the dealer 5 times for rocker box and base gasket problems. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Chuck, I figured as much on the carbs. Now, do I try carb cleaner in the tank or the spray kind? Or maybe just drop it off at the dealer?
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'd pull the carbs and go to town, personally.
                      Got a repair manual?
                      Carbs are not all that tricky. Lot's of little parts, but work in a clean, well lit area and take your time, you'll be fine. The hardest part will be getting them off and on the bike.
                      It only takes a little tiny peice of grit to plug an idle circut.

Comment

Personally, I don't recommend any "cleaner," whether added to your fuel or sprayed into the carb. If you don't have the skill and knowledge to take the carb apart and clean manually, take it to the shop and save yourself the grief.

Mr G
                        "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                        X