Spin magazine... the latest dopey "list"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spin magazine... the latest dopey \"list\"

only album I like of that list is OK Computer.. paranoid android is one of my fav songs ever
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

what about the downward spiral from NIN? that album was friggin huge! Didnt a 2-3 year tour insue after that?

Comment

I'm also pretty shocked to see nothing from Husker Du, The Replacements, or Sonic Youth on any Spin list. That's like the Spin Holy Trinity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I'm also pretty shocked to see nothing from Husker Du, The Replacements, or Sonic Youth on any Spin list. That's like the Spin Holy Trinity.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt. Of course of the three Husker Du and anything Bob Mould touches is gold to me (man I love SST great label)

as far as NIN without a question Pretty Hate Machine was more influential than Downward which ma have been more musical but in the 3-4 years between the albums many people copied Trent and at that point Trent was a parody of himself IMO. I still like NIN (seen them 4 times) but Pretty Hate should be on that list no doubt
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Listened to some Radiohead once. Fell asleep.

Nirvana was okay. This is the only record on the list that I have. Although I actually heard the Weird Al version first.

Public Enemy, all I've heard is Bring the Noise. NWA, I downloaded Gangsta Gangsta after I discovered GWAR parodied it in their song, The Salaminizer.

Never even heard of Pavement or Del La Soul.

Heard of The Smiths and the Pixies. That's all I have to say about that.

Prince, haven't heard since Raspberry Beret or so.

Saw a PJ Harvey video on Beavis & Butthead once. Otherwise, never heard of her. Although I did hear Martin Barre (of Jethro Tull) mention in a radio interview recently that she was working on an album in his studios.

Yeah, Appetite and the Black Album should be on there for sure. I said that about the Eagles reunion record because it was the catalyst for so many other older bands to get back together. Or if they hadn't broken up in the first place, to pretend they were getting back together.
            please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Working...
            X