Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pics of first gig

[ QUOTE ]
    thanks guys! we had a blast,we had about 50 ppl show for us.Everyone left after we played...so that left less than 20 ppl for the headliner...kinda sucks...but it happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats good and bad. At a battle of the bands.. thats good. When you are opening for the headliner... thats bad unless you never intend on opening for them again. When we opened for Twisted Sister and Zebra our crowd would stay and sometimes get into fights with th crazy TS fans. Both Twisted Sister and Zebra really appreciated that our fans stuck around and because of it we got tons of quality gigs opening for them. As a rule, we always encouraged our crowd to stick around. We would even anounce it during our set. We felt it was out of respect for the headliner. Afterall, if they weren't headlining, we wouldn't be at the gig.

Comment

that's true john,the 50 ppl were just family members and friends of ours...they really don't like the music we play...just to support us..but I totally understand what you mean..if we were the headlining act..I would be pissed if we only played to like 10 ppl...

Comment

we recently headlined a show with Todd Grubbs opening for us. that made no sense to me. he's signed - we aren't. he plays fusion instrumentals - we play hard rock. the bill was weird. his crowd hauled ass after our 2nd song because the music was so different. but luckily we still had about 60 people left in the crowd.

now the show after that one was on a wednesday night and we played to the best crowd EVER!!!! two, YES 2, people!!!! it was so stellar. thank GOD for guarantees!!!!! we made 300.00 for an hour's work. so it was a PAID practice under full lights and a blazing PA - with a KILLER sound guy. can't complain about that!! the only bad part was that the venue was 50 miles from where we live.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

fuck yeah md!! 50 miles aint bad though.I usually drive 300 miles a day for work..... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah, well considering that, i guess 50 miles ain't too bad!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Looks good man. I wish I'd had someone to take pictures at my first gig, but we didn't find out the venue or time until the day of the show. [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

What's that backup guitar? Dinky Reverse?

[/ QUOTE ]

that Dinky belongs to the guitarist of Internal Bleeding. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

gonna play in H.B. soon?
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Kick ass!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    gonna play in H.B. soon?

[/ QUOTE ]

is thier any spots to play in hb? liquid lounge?

Comment

Working...
                    X