Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Help

Hey guys,

I've got a video I'm trying to send to my friend. It's 789MB, and I used Winrar and got it down to 759MB, but still too large to put on a CD. I don't have a DVD burner, so I'm out of ideas. Anyone know a way to compress this thing even more so I can fit it on a CD-RW? Or maybe cut it in half with some program and put it on 2 cd's? Thanks!

- Irf -

Re: Computer Help

Your best bet is to recompress the video. What is the format?
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

For recompressing use Nandub (of course you need to have some of encoders pre-installed). If you want a smaller RAR package anyway, then try to enabling the best compressing quality in WinRAR's options.

Comment

i might have you covered,,,what format is the vid?
        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

MPEG. It's the live Pantera from Seoul Korea. I tried compressing it the most Winrar can, and it is still 9MB too big. I'm creating multiple RAR files, but if I can compress it down and keep it one file (friend dosen't know too much bout this stuff) help would be appreciated

Comment

Do you have WIndows XP?

If you do, you can compress it to WMV format.

Comment

Ok, forget it. I just made em 8 RAR files with an EXE file to make it easier. Thanks for all the help and suggestions though. Would be cool if I could put those 8 parts up for DL to share this. Anyone know a way? 7 files are 98 MB each and the last is 89

Comment

You can use www.yousendit.com to share it, but there are some other/better sites that I can't remember right now.

Comment

Emule - www.emule.com

Download and install it, then put the files in your Incoming folder, enable Sharing, and post the filenames here. Those of us who have Emule also can then search by the filename and find them.
                  Name them something specific - not just "Panter1,2,3" etc - maybe "Panter_Seoul_JCF_1, 2, 3", etc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                  X