Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPS: Anyone know what happens if you don't pay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS: Anyone know what happens if you don't pay...

I recently received a bill for $20-somthing from UPS relating that I think was related to the inspecting of my KV when it went through fish and wildlife...
    Anyone know what happens if I don't sned them a check in the mail? I have no clue why I received it...they don't clearly say why....

Thanks
    - Joel
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Re: UPS: Anyone know what happens if you don\'t pay...

tell them you sent it ups red label two days ago.

Comment

They send guys with brown shorts over to your house to harass you. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
      Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        They send guys with brown shorts over to your house to harass you. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Is it just me?? There's just something funny about those brown shorts....
        RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
        RIP Dime

Comment

Ever see that guy on do the UPS dude on MAD TV I think it is? Pretty silly stuff, hehe...

Comment

That's rich. They want you to pay for them opening, inspecting and delaying YOUR guitar? I think that NOW I have heard it all. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Speaking of that, I asked the local shop about that and gave them the rundown on that whole ordeal, and the counter chick laughed and said she's never heard of such a policy. She's been there for years (seen her there myself at least the last 6 years) so I'm sure she'd have at least some idea about that sort of thing.

While they do have the right to open and inspect any package in their care, the Fish and Wildlife thing sound like bullshit, and I'd demand a hard copy of the policy regarding that before I paid anything.

I'd also contact UPS HQ about it, and ask them specifically about the Fish and Wildlife thing. If you get bogged down in the "open and inspect" part, they'll stop right there and just fire off a form letter saying they have the right to open it, but you HAVE to put the Fish and Wildlife thing up front so they actually look at it. That's what Counter Chick did when I mentioned it to her - I specifically stated the F&W part, and she seemed to have gotten stuck at the Open and Inspect part, so after she repeated the policy on that (which was also on a sign on the wall) I said "Yeah, I know that part, but what about the Fish and Wildlife thing?"
              She said she's never heard of that.

I'd just ask UPS HQ about the F&W policy concerning musical instruments first without mentioning the inspection until they ask for more details. I would mention the $20 bill, though. Scan it and send them a copy of it.

The ONLY concern F&W would have is how introducing the inlays into the local waterways and habitats would affect the local sea life, and since that's not a possibility, it's not an issue for F&W or UPS.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: UPS: Anyone know what happens if you don\'t pa

Joel, the only time I've dealt with UPS was when I received my Shannon Soloist from jonsgon. Since the guitar had to cross the border, there were import taxes and all that other ass-raping tax crap. I had to pay as soon as the delivery guy brought me the guitar. Later, I received an invoice in the mail for that delivery. I figured that since I paid the UPS delivery guy already, I didn't have to pay the invoice thingy.

I don't know what your situation is exactly (whether you paid the money to the delivery guy for Toru's guitar or not).

Pray that they send over a cute UPS girl instead. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

mmm does she come with overnight delivery?

Comment

I don't know, but it looks like she's good at ______________________________. (insert obligatory cheesy joke about her ability to handle "packages" here)

Comment

I don't know about overnight delivery.

But, I'd be into all night "delivery" with that one...

Comment

she can handle my packages any time.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I'm afraid she'll drop me and break me! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

*this end up

Comment

What can Brown do for you?

-Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X