Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schaller, Dimarzio or Dunlop Straplock systems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaller, Dimarzio or Dunlop Straplock systems?

sorry guys, i didn't know where to post this. But i was wondering, out of curiosity of course, which you prefer, and why? i currently use Dunlops, but i'm thinking about giving the others a shot. whaddaya think?

Re: Schaller, Dimarzio or Dunlop Straplock systems?

I use Schaller... they work for me. I dunno... easy to use and have never had a problem with them. Easy to put on and switch out straps real fast too. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    I never worry about my guitars slipping with Schaller.
    [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That sounded gay... I don't work for them or anything.

Em

Comment

DiMarzio clip-lock. They work perfectly for me.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        DiMarzio clip-lock. They work perfectly for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
        +1
        Have you tried the new leather clip-locks?

Comment

I have Dunlop's on all my guitars. No problems

Comment

+2

di'marzio clip lock is all i'll use. even have one on my ovation!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Dunlops, I have never had a problem with them so I have never tried any others

Comment

I've been using Dunlops for like 15-20 years.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

i've used schallers for almost 20 years and have never had a reason to look elsewhere. my original set still works as well as my newest set. can't go wrong, imo.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Schallers here too. Last forever and wicked easy to put on.
                    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

I used the DiMarzios for a long time. I never had a problem with the clips rubbing the finish, or not having a compatible strap available. But I quit with them because they look so 80's. In that gay sort of way.

I had a Kramer Spector bass that came with Schallers. Lost one of the locking pieces, tried it without the lock. Surprise, surprise... the strap came off and the bass almost hit the floor because the actual button is so tiny.

Now I use Dunlops. The dual-design ones, not the countersunk ones. Either that, or just oversized buttons like the ones Jackson uses. They're made by Gotoh, but I haven't found a source for buying the oversized buttons aftermarket. The big "mushroom" style found on many Korean imports works really well. AllParts sells them aftermarket.
                      please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

I used to swear by the Schallers, and I still think that they're pretty good, but I always had a DiMarzio one on my old Ibanez, and I recently started using those again because they're the least cumbersome and stay on the best. Even with the Schallers you have to tighten the nut on the strap every once in a while.

Comment

Schallers are where it's at. I have them on all my guitars. The Dunlop ones look flimsy, and the Dimarzio strap locks are cheap plastic. No offense, but I'm not trusting my guitars to flimsy plastic clips.
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Re: Schaller, Dimarzio or Dunlop Straplock systems

Schallers for me. I had Dunlops at one time but banged the end of the guitar on a corner and the strap button came out. I went to Schallers.
                            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Re: Schaller, Dimarzio or Dunlop Straplock systems

man, this is rough, eh? so many advantages and disadvantages to all...i'm especially cautious with this one though, because its got the steep LP angled front button.

any LP users out there? What locks do you all use?

Comment

Working...
                              X