Firefox users...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox users...

Is anyone else having any problems with viewing pics on the forum? It's only been for the last week or so. I can't see pics on the thread so I go into IE and everything is fine. I would just stick to IE but it is slower and I have no patience! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Today for the first time I couldn't see pics on one Ebay auction and I went to IE and they were there.
    What the hell is going on... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Firefox users...

That happens me sometimes on other forums but it hasn't happened me on here yet. It does get pretty annoying when you've to open up IE and go to the site again just to see the photos

Comment

I cannot EVER view certain JCFer's images when using Firefox. Examples include Xenophobe, YetAnotherOne, Joel Drabicki, anyone with home.comcast.net domains, etc.

I believe it is because certain domains are not quite 100% compatible with Firefox yet, and hence their pics don't show up. I've seen it on Ebay as well. But, I'm not a computer expert so that is just a guess.

Comment

Download the IE plugin.. right mouse click in Firefox '' view IE ''

Comment

Strange, no problems here yet. The only thing that I noticed was that the status on Gold Members is not gold in FF.

Comment

I saw that once before. Does your firefox show there is an updated version to download? Images stopped loading for me at the same time the update browswer button appeared.

I took it as a sign to update firefox. Once I did, the images reappeared.
            "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

I ALWAYS have the most updated version of Firefox. Also I forgot to consider that my Norton Internet Security does its thing in blocking stuff too, so typically I have to turn off Norton and switch to IE. Very unsafe practice but hell, it's the JCF and it's only images of guitars and gear. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Download an IE plugin for Firefox?
                Why not just use a real browser like Internet Explorer?
                Oh wait, it's a Micro$oft product, and it's not cool to use Micro$oft products [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have no problem with Firefox and viewing pics on JCF.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Download an IE plugin for Firefox?
                    Why not just use a real browser like Internet Explorer?
                    Oh wait, it's a Micro$oft product, and it's not cool to use Micro$oft products [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have nothing against IE, but i like Firefox better due to the tabbed browsing feature. Some websites aren't firefox compitable so since i'm using firefox the most a IE plugin is handy.

Comment

No issues here.
                      Firefox/Win2kPro.

Smokes IE. The (few) web sites I have issues with are sites optimized for IE, as opposed to optimized for W3C standards. If it's important, I'll open IE for a specific task - nothing more.
                      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

IMO Maxthon > Firefox never any problems with images
                        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I use Mozilla (same engine as firefox) with no problems.

Did you "enable pipelining" in your Firefox browser (as suggested by various "optimize firefox" webpages)? some websites are not compatible with HTTP request pipelining, which is why you might be having the problem on only some sites. For instance I notice pipelining doesn't work well at all with Google Maps, causing various cells to fail to load.

Comment

Working...
                          X