Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you get your boxes when you ship amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you get your boxes when you ship amps?

I finally sold my Johnson Millenium and I'm shipping it out tomorrow....I'm gonna hit up Long and McQuade which is a music store in Canada, not sure if you have it in the US, to see if they have any amp head boxes lying around, but I have low expectations because I checked one guitar store already and they throw their shit out as soon as they unpack and it take it off to the dump...Does anyone know if the Fedex office sells boxes that are roughly 30x12x12 -ish? How much do you usually pay for a box...?

Re: Where do you get your boxes when you ship amps?

I have a little shop (apex box) near me that custom makes boxes for very little, actually cheaper than premade boxes from Uhaul or anyone.

Comment

I can usually hit GC up for one but I have bought them at the UPS store for like 8 to 12 bucks (pricey but I was in a hurry at the time)I would imagine Fed-Ex sells the same sort of things.

Comment

Get creative..think outside the box.

<font color="red"> Box. </font> Get it?

BWAAAHAAAHAAAHaaaa.....

Ahem. Anyhoo, try hardware stores, appliance stores...any place that stocks large, heavy items that came to them in a truck. Bicycle stores are great for guitar boxes, for example.
        My Peters head just shipped in a box for one of those "salamander" kerosene barn heaters. Even the styrofoam was a perfect fit.

Comment

Thanks guys! Yeah I work at a hardware store and I'm the guy who actually disposes of all the cardboard and I have yet to come across anything that fits the bill, shockingly enough...I'll probably spend my whole shift tomorrow looking for one though, haha...

Comment

Buy coffee for the dudes at the local music store they'll usually hook you up with a shipping box!!

Comment

Costco.

Comment

Try auto dealer parts departments or auto body shops. They should always have some heavy cardboard boxes around.

Comment

Re: Where do you get your boxes when you ship amps

fedex dont sell boxes like that (i work there)

Comment

Working...
                  X