Smoking Cigars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smoking Cigars

I'll smoke a cigar on rare occasions. Normally we just get the cheapies from Walgreens and light up at a wedding or something like that. The last time I smoked a cigar was during a poker game years ago.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

I was not assuming every cigar smoker is smoking for social acceptance. I'm sure people were smoking cigars long before cigar smoking was considered cool [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I base my opinion in part by my perception of those in my family who started and of those I see smoking in public places, in smoking rooms at clubs, in restaurants, on patios of bars and whatnot, nothing more nothing less. If Ralph wants to take it up all the power to him, nothing wrong with it just don't do it just to try to fit in.
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

I smoke cigars at poker games and weddings, and that's pretty much it. And I've gotten old enough that the torrent of weddings seems to have stopped. Now the gang's just old, bitter, and we don't get to play poker much anymore....hmmm, a cigar does sound pretty good right about now, doesn't it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm not sure i'm even gonna like it, it's just something I want to try, if for nothing else, to experience something new.

My thought is that if I enjoy it, it will be a once-a-month, wine and cigar on the deck kinda thing. Not out to impress anyone, that's not my style.

Comment

Has anyone tried a "Lewinsky Cigar"?
            ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

heh...reminds me of a george carlin special i saw a few years ago. he referred to it as "suckin' on a big, brown, dick!" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Puts the term "pole smoker" into a whole new light. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I've tried two different cubans last year and I'll tell ya they aren't that special...definitely not worth the premium price that you'll pay for them in the states. I don't mind the Macanudo's...although I'm hardly a cigar smoker...I've only had maybe 10 cigars in my life. I've only bought the ones that were $8 or cheaper.
                  If anyone's a Seinfeld fan...just remember what happened to Kramer when he was hosting "pipe night" at his apt. His teeth turned all brown and his face started to look like an old catchers mitt.
                  - Joel
                  RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                  RIP Dime

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I've tried two different cubans last year and I'll tell ya they aren't that special...definitely not worth the premium price that you'll pay for them in the states. - Joel

[/ QUOTE ]

The world wide demand for Cuban cigars far surpasses their ability to produce and age the tobacco needed to keep up. I smoked a Cuban Cohiba and it was nice, but at the price there are other Dominican cigars that are just as good.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Has anyone tried a "Lewinsky Cigar"?

[/ QUOTE ]
                      I hear they're pretty juicy. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The bar I hang out at has a humadore and the owner normally hooks me up cuz I know him. What's cool is that the bar has a front porch that's pretty much larger than the bar itself (it's on Brooklyn ok) so pretty much everyone at the bar is outside somking and drinking ... yes, even the chicks.
                        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
                        X