Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pic request - Black military plane themed guitars!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic request - Black military plane themed guitars!

My next guitar will most likely be a black hotrod Strat style built out of parts.

As a teenager, I was fascinated by the USAF, especially Lockheed Skunk Works. I recently realized that I wanted to make a military-themed Strat but I hate loud graphics. Then, it came to me that I could do a black Skunk Works guitar since the black jets have very low-visibility markings. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Okay, I realize that the B-2 is a product of Northrop-Grumman and not Lockheed... shaddup... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyone own any black military aircraft themed guitars? Please post photos if you do.

Re: Pic request - Black military plane themed guitars!

You mean like a Black Warbird?

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: Pic request - Black military plane themed guit

Oh yeah, I remember that guitar! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I don't think I'm going to put panel lines and bolts though. Just USAF insignias and probably red trim lines like on the SR-71A with the Skunk Works skunk logo will probably feed my hunger... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Oh yeah, I remember that guitar! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I don't think I'm going to put panel lines and bolts though. Just USAF insignias and probably red trim lines like on the SR-71A with the Skunk Works skunk logo will probably feed my hunger... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is EXACTLY what I would do. Flat black with the USAF emblems, red lines, and the skunk.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I read somewhere that the SR-71 expanded so much when at high speeds that when it was on the ground, the fuel would leak out of it on the runway. That's not true is it?
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I read somewhere that the SR-71 expanded so much when at high speeds that when it was on the ground, the fuel would leak out of it on the runway. That's not true is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard the same thing two different times
            ...I believe it to be fact...

Comment

It's true. The heat generated during high speed cruising closes the gaps, and the plane actually grows a little bit. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Okay, looks like not many people have done this, which is all the more incentive for me to go for it! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Time to sell a kidney and a lung... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I was thinking what a guitar would look like with the Navy "Blue Angels" paint scheme.
                ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Yeah, baby!

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

NOTP, it is funny that you ask this. Just the other day, I was thinking of doing a SR71 themed guitar. I have a model 2 body here for the project but I haven't started on it yet. I can't decide between a military graphic or a muscle car graphic. I originally was gonna do P-51 graphic, then started thinking about painting it Hemi Orange and adding Super Bee graphics.

Now I was thinking SR71, so it sits collecting dust. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

The SR-71 leaks like a sieve on the ground. As the bird heats up in flight, the metal expands and closes the seals. They require a refuel almost immediately after takeoff.
                      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Dusty SR-71, you say? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

My damn plastic model airplanes collect dust on my shelf like no other. It's a real pain cleaning them a couple times a year. I've considered just tossing all my models in the trash for those reasons. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Priest,

You could always put your model planes in acrylic boxes! They won't show dust and when you do get around to dusting it will be a snap. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

web page

Emmy

Comment

Some how I knew Newc was gonna post that finish, Sorry to say Matt but the finish is long gone & back to basic Black. Waiting to be refinished with a Green Lantern Custom air brush job in the works. I might switch it to 1 hum also.
                            According To The Prophecy

Comment

Em, I have one box but it's a tiny one made for model cars, so my Corvette Sting Ray III goes in there! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I should pick up some more. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X