Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Landcruiser gets 8MPG! (So I bought a beater)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Landcruiser gets 8MPG! (So I bought a beater)

I have a 1985 Toyota Landcruiser FJ-60 that I restored. It has a safari rack, ARB Bumper (capable of hitting a kangeroo at 45kilometers/per hour (seriously, lol) and a new paint job...The LCis a really nice SERIOUS 4WD vehicle but gets an honest-to-God 8MPG!
    I knew I would need a beater to drive this summer because of the insane gas $$$...I bought a little truck this morning I saw on my way to work for $250.00...It is in really nice shape and seems to run well also..
    Anyways,
    I bought an Ibanez 540S last week for $400.00 because it was "so cheap"..

Fairly decent Car=$250.00, cheap-guitar=$400.00

Not sure why that strikes me so weird, lol... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: My Landcruiser gets 8MPG! (So I bought a beater)

Many kangaroos in Central WI? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What is the beater truck?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Re: My Landcruiser gets 8MPG! (So I bought a beater)

Lol, no kangeroos...ARB is Aussie and that is one of their selling points...

LOTS of deer though! I think the bumper has a better-than-average chance at a reasonable speed vs. a deer...Man, can they do a lot of damage to a vehicle!

The beater is an '82 Ford Courier Truck...I am 6'4"...I fit in it like a clown car! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: My Landcruiser gets 8MPG! (So I bought a beate

Yeah! I bought an 89 fiat panda (best cars ever built) for 150 euro's (= $200). And I sold an old Xbox + some games for 200. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

People in the US complain about the fuel price? Seriously, check it out in Europe and you'll understand why we don't like big cars that much. It's time you Americans realised.

Comment

How many European countries have their own oil fields? The reason we complain (and why we drive big cars) is that we have our own fields that are not running dry, but we're still paying high prices [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It's not because of that, we pay higher prices for our gas.

It's because Europe actually gives a damn about the environment and has several taxes on oil and its derived products to counter overuse or abuse of the substance.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Well, la dee dah! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I had a '76 FJ-40 that got 8 mpg on a good day. I had 2 FJ-62's and managed to get 12 mpg or so. Always ended up selling them because of the mileage. None of them were daily drivers but it takes the "pleasure" out of being a pleasure vehicle when a weekend drive costs $40.

Comment

Working...
                  X