GARRRRARARRARARR!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GARRRRARARRARARR!!!!!

I was supposed to leave work at 3. At 2:58 a user calls me and she is having problems setting up her POP mail. I go through the process with her and she says she gets an error message about the server not being found. I ask her to please, letter by letter, spell out the server names she put in for POP and SMTP, she reads them off and all seems well there. I check every other setting I can think of and even reset her account in Active directory and Exchange. Still no dice. 2 1/2 hours later as I'm banging my head against a wall trying to figure what the hell is wrong she says "Oh, I spelled the servers wrong, instead of bp I put in pb." ARRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! This is after she spelled them CORRECTLY when I asked her to read them to me!!!!!!!!
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Re: GARRRRARARRARARR!!!!!

Based on the title of the thread I was expecting more death metal lyrics. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

DOH!
      [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh man that sucks, lol. It's friday, have a beer, relax and kick her ass on monday

Comment

I was thinking this was a thread about a pirate.

Oh well, drink up. It's over.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I was supposed to leave work at 3. At 2:58 a user calls me and she is having problems setting up her POP mail. I go through the process with her and she says she gets an error message about the server not being found. I ask her to please, letter by letter, spell out the server names she put in for POP and SMTP, she reads them off and all seems well there. I check every other setting I can think of and even reset her account in Active directory and Exchange. Still no dice. 2 1/2 hours later as I'm banging my head against a wall trying to figure what the hell is wrong she says "Oh, I spelled the servers wrong, instead of bp I put in pb." ARRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! This is after she spelled them CORRECTLY when I asked her to read them to me!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

1st rule of support: the customer always lies (no, not in an evil way). I remember supporting someone on the phone where I had the ability to watch their keystrokes. I said, "i want you to type this exactly." And they said, "ok, i am typing it exactly". But I could see they weren't! They know enough to be dangerous and try to help you out silently, but really they're making it more difficult. In your case, your customer is just a nimrod!

I would recommend that next time you try using remote desktop or remote desktop assistant and do it yourself. You get to take over their desktop and type everything in yourself. Even control the mouse, etc. I've been able to fix some of my Dad's computer woes this way and he's half way across the country.

I'm so happy I'm no longer in support...
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] If it were it would be titled, HARRRRARARRARARR!!!!!
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Based on the title of the thread I was expecting more death metal lyrics. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was expecting death metal pictures. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

People are dum. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

i was a tech support guy for years. i gave most people the benefit of the doubt. that is... until the past year or so working in retail. i've come to the conclusion most people should not be allowed in public without competent supervision, a tether, and a shock collar. generally people are fucking retarded.

[ QUOTE ]
                  People are dumb. (fixed it for you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Oh well, drink up. It's over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going for The Dread Pirate Steve from Dodgeball. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
                      People are dumb. (fixed it for you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I spelled "dum" like that on purpose. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

i know, i was being a smartass [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I spelled "dum" like that on purpose. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Oh. I'm the "dum" one then. [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey JTR, I feel bad for you. 2 minutes before work is over. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]-This is you [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Damian

Comment

JTR,
                              I feel your pain I did support for 2 1/2 years and one weekend out of the month was mine.It's always a drag because I felt I was talking to a child on the other end-what a minute if it was a child my calls would have averaged 5 minutes or less [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X